Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Spacers help alot! I was very pleased how well my looked and handled with my stock wheel/tire setup. Given you have the he 3.73s, do NOT be afraid of 35s. You will not need a regear. I have 35s with the OME HD lift and it has plenty of power. You will be just fine with 35s. You will regret 33s .
How is your mileage and do you have stick or auto?

·
Registered
147 Posts
Spacers help alot! I was very pleased how well my looked and handled with my stock wheel/tire setup. Given you have the he 3.73s, do NOT be afraid of 35s. You will not need a regear. I have 35s with the OME HD lift and it has plenty of power. You will be just fine with 35s. You will regret 33s .
How is your mileage and do you have stick or auto?
I have an auto. So far it's showing around 13 mpg. I would like to regear down the road but I'm fine with it as is for awhile. I just don't think having 33s rather than 35s is going to really help you that much.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I received some carnage on the trails the other day. My wonderful stock running boards bottomed out on a berm and one of the metal brackets tore right off and damaged my lower panels. So, in order to cover it up, I ordered some Rugged Ridge ABS rocker panel guards. In order to prevent this from happening in the future, I also ordered some RR rock sliders. The install was fairly simple, and covered up the damage nicely.

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Measuring instrument Technology Electronic device Games

Just grabbed the Flashcal in preparation for my new wheels and tires that are being shipped to 4wheelparts. Ordered the 16x8 Procomp 7069s, along with BF KO2's in 295/75/16 ( this size was more along the lines of the 33" size, where the 285's were 32.8). Can't wait.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Great build so far. Really looking forward to seeing how those tires look on your rig.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Perfect sizing for your Jeep! I like what you did for the 3rd brake light too; great build!

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
So I ended up wheeling at a recent event. Had some rub at full flex that broke a couple plastic rivets holding the fenders in the rear. Looks like I'm going to have to grab some flats or trim these. So if people tell you they don't rub with 33's, they're not wheeling hard enough..

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #40 ·
Automotive lighting Light Headlamp Lighting Automotive exterior

Although it's hard to see the difference, there is a definite white hue compared to the yellow hue of the halogens (fogs on for comparison), and the high beams are kick ass. The low beams are a little better than stock, but the clarity of the beam and how it lights up the area make a big difference during night driving.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts