Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 60 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Jeep Automotive tire

Had to get rid of the stock fenders after breaking some clips while off roading. The tires made contact with the stockers at full flex. Got the Smitty XRC's. Love the look.

Attachments

·
Registered
43 Posts
View attachment 3020890

The finished product for a while! All the mods worked great this weekend off road. Nothing broken or rubbing. Very happy right now. Only wanting a 2.5" lift with new springs and shocks.
Hey, just wanted to check in to see how you like the ride with the leveling kit and the 33s? I'm looking to basically run your exact set up, but the Jeep is my daily driver so I want to make sure it keeps most of it's stock characteristics. Love your Jeep btw!

·
Registered
990 Posts
Looking good Rich. Do you run with TJK ?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Love the look. Keep the updates coming. Have you kept track of your spending to date? Just wondering. My son and I are about to start our build and yours sounds just like what we want.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Finally, now that I started doing some regular wheeling, I decided (after nearly getting stuck out on my own a couple times) that I needed a way to self-recover. I found a good deal on this Smitty Comp XRC 9500 winch. I wanted to stick with the synthetic rope due to safety and durability concerns. The Smitty (although I have heard a lot of negative things about Smitty stuff) seems very well built and looks great.
My next mods are gonna be the big ones: I plan on grabbing a set of Pro Comp flat black wheels (still deciding on the style) and 33's. Also going with a leveling kit. Don't want to have to regear by heading up to 35's, and want to keep MPG's close to stock. Might also trim the fenders a bit once those get installed.
Where are you wheeling down there? My sister lives in Tarpon Springs and we visit every now and then. Have you been to Osceola Nat'l Forrest yet?

Sal

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
Where are you wheeling down there? My sister lives in Tarpon Springs and we visit every now and then. Have you been to Osceola Nat'l Forrest yet?

Sal
Not yet...we run Citrus and a lot of the events in Ocala and Lakeland. With Krawlin' and Judd, and the SOAR, we keep our plate full with all of the planned rides too.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·

Decided to get rid of the last piece of nasty plastic on the Jeep by taking off the rear bumper cover and running the Evo fascia. It doesn't look finished yet since I want to paint the seam under the tailgate and add the Evo D-ring mounts. I do like the minimalist look.

Sent from my iPhone 6

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Love the look. Keep the updates coming. Have you kept track of your spending to date? Just wondering. My son and I are about to start our build and yours sounds just like what we want.

I haven't, but I can say the biggest expense thus far has been the wheels and tires! Lol. Everything else has been under 500. The front bumper was 350, the winch was 450, the rear fascia was 189, the Trektop was 700, and the wheels and tires were about 2000 installed. The lift was under 160. Going to buy the 2.5 inch lift next, along with upgraded shocks.

Sent from my iPhone 6

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·

I did not care for the gap under the tailgate and the new Evo fascia, so I decided to bedline the area to make it blend in better. This is one coat of spray on bedliner. Think it looks much better. Might add another coat, but so far I'm happy with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
It's been a while since I posted, since I had been keeping my money set aside for a vacation. Now that things are freed up, I decided to start working on the more practical items that will help when I hit the dirt. I grabbed a pair of Pro Comp spotlights to help light up the trail when it gets dark. I opted for the spots instead of the floods for now, since the headlights are seriously lacking. I also wanted to mount the lights to the windshield pillar, and floods would most likely have blinded me with some bounce-back off the hood. These spotlights are perfect, and illuminate the trail in front and really highlight the area directly in front of the Jeep. They also work great on dark paved roads on the road trips.
Next, I got some Rubicon Express swayer disconnects. These were easy to install and completely come off the Jeep when you disconnect them, kind of like the JKS ones. I got the disconnects for $140 off Amazon, and the lights from 4WheelParts for $130, then the brackets off Amazon for $15. Next thing I want to get are a pair of floods to mount to the bumper bar. I also think I need to get a light pod in the Jeep to help control all the lights, since it might get a bit messy in there without one.

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Added some Rubicon Express shocks all the way round. The ride is a slight bit stiffer than stock, but you can really notice the difference over the bumps. Absorbs the impacts 100 times better than the stock shocks.

Attachments

41 - 60 of 69 Posts