Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
61 - 69 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
View attachment 2892305

Although it's hard to see the difference, there is a definite white hue compared to the yellow hue of the halogens (fogs on for comparison), and the high beams are kick ass. The low beams are a little better than stock, but the clarity of the beam and how it lights up the area make a big difference during night driving.

Just a side note on this mod in case others reading this think they may go this route. The Deltas lasted about a month, and then one of them went out on me. It wasn’t the bulb, but rather something that went bad in the assembly itself. Very disappointed. Popped them out and went back to the stock headlights...which, by the way, are still going strong for 4 years with some new bulbs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Well, the Rugged Ridge hood protector I bought almost 6 years ago finally broke, so I decided to get a replacement since it worked so well. However, I decided to change the look up a bit with the AVS hood protector. It fits flush and fits very well.

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #65 ·
Added a Smittybilt HD Pivot tire carrier with the slant tire mount option. The original carrier/tire combo was putting strain on the tailgate, so much so that one of the hinges started to catch and was popping loudly each time I opened the tailgate. I love the look, and the carrier is pretty beefy- shouldn't have any issues.
After this pic was taken, I also ordered a new Trektop NX. My original Trektop is now going on 6 years old. It has held up pretty well, but the seams are starting to tear, and I was getting tired of the hassle involved having to roll the top up when the weather would turn bad. I'll post some pics later once I get the install done. The tailgate took me several hours. Part of the issue I ran into was putting the studs in the new mount- they just wouldn't go. Had to take it to the local 4 Wheel Parts store where they had to hammer them into the mounting bracket. Aside from that, the remainder of the install was easy.

Attachments

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·

Installed a Hi Lift onto the carrier the other day. The Smittybilt carrier came with mounts for the jack. I just needed to get some bolts and a locking knob and a wing nut to secure the jack, which I cannibalized from a bumper mount kit I bought for 30 bucks. I figured I will always have the kit in case I ever wanted to switch up mounting locations in the future. It’s pretty easy to access the jack and looks clean where it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·

Went up to 35's...Had a Rubicon Express 2.5 lift with the progressive springs installed, and then went up to 315/75/16's (34.5") which fills up the wheel wells much better than the 33s did. I also am very happy with the spring lift, and I retained my RE quick disconnects up front and the RE lift came with extended links for the rear. Rides plush and is paired well with the RE shocks I previously installed.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Well, the Rugged Ridge hood protector I bought almost 6 years ago finally broke, so I decided to get a replacement since it worked so well. However, I decided to change the look up a bit with the AVS hood protector. It fits flush and fits very well.
A little feedback on this AVS hood protector: a WASTE. The 3M tape failed after only 5 months. That wouldn't have been a problem were it designed properly. The RR hood protector uses the hood latch mounts to secure it to the sides, which prevents flapping if the tape fails. The AVS does not. So, when the tape fails, the hood protector flaps VIOLENTLY against the hood, as it did during a road trip. I ended up ripping it off the hood on the side of the freeway so it didn't further damage my hood. Garbage. ordered a new RR protector and won't go with any other design.

61 - 69 of 69 Posts