Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Contorting Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I bought a 2015 JKU back in January in Sunset Orange Pearl. I had to special order the color as only Rubicons in that shade were available. The only other option I got was the upgraded twill top. This was the Jeep when I brought it home.

The wife gave me a go ahead to get side bars to protect from doors and allow her to get in easier.

Then she noted how ridiculous the Jeep looked with stock sport feet. So she gave the thumbs up to get my lift and 35's all around. This was a great day. I'm quite pleased with the look, and the ride. I also bought the Superchip FlasCal for the 2015 JKU, so my speedo and odometer would read right. When the 2015 FlashPaq is available, I'll get it too so the shift points can be reprogrammed for better mileage.

Then a friend who has a 2014 JKU Rubicon brought be his black grill, since he completely reworked his front end and had this in his closet. So I put it on and fell in love with the look.

That's all for now. In the future, I'm looking at new front & rear bumpers, new audio and some custom graphics.

Hope y'all enjoy!

·
Contorting Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Details on whats been done so far.

The color is the 2015 Sunset Orange Pearl.

Top is the upgraded twill cloth top. It was another $400 from the factory to get that upgrade, but well worth it. The top is sturdier, shrinks less, and absorbs a lot more outside noise than the vinyl stock top. Plus it feels nice to the touch.

The side rails are Smittybuilt SRC Side Armor.

Changed front grill to black grill from 2014 Rubicon.

Got a 2.5" Suspension lift.

The wheels are Helo 878 16" x 9" blackouts.

The tires are Nitto Grappler G2 AT 35x12.5R16's.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Have the 2015 Billet JKU that I am about to start on as well. Really like the look of the grill but I think a matte black would better match the fenders. But hey, free is free!

What are you looking at for Audio upgrades? I've read about the fiber fill (and it was a great suggestion on my 2001 TJ) but have not done it yet on the new one. It seems as though anything other than the Alpine system is horrible. I have the 430 system and I swear it has so little bass its embarrassing. This is a BRAND NEW VEHICLE and they couldn't do better than this? Oh well. Just adds a few more entries to the build project.

Build looks great, so far. As does the co-pilot!

Cheers!

M

·
Contorting Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Meucci,

Thanks for the kind words. Audio I am definitely doing the foam fill for the speakers. I'm also upgrading the head unit to an Alpine or Pioneer unit that supports the stereo controls built into my steering wheel.

Speaker wise, I dont want to mess with the cargo storage area. I'm probably adding the tuffy lock trunk back there. So a friend and I were talking and we thought, how about wake board tower speakers mounted somehow to the rear of the rollcage would allow mounting of something with bass. Kinda like these bazookas here.

I was equally unimpressed with the stock stereo.

As for the front grill, I think I'm going to plasti dip it to get the same flat look and texture as the fenders.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Wakeboard speakers. What a fantastic idea! I live on the beach and it never occurred to me to use marine speakers in the Jeep. It only makes sense!

Sounds like its time for a visit to my local stereo shop for an audition.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I love the speaker idea! Great looking Jeep!

·
Registered
70 Posts
Please report back on the wake board/boat style speakers, I love the concept.

·
Registered
53 Posts
So I bought a 2015 JKU back in January in Sunset Orange Pearl. I had to special order the color as only Rubicons in that shade were available. The only other option I got was the upgraded twill top. This was the Jeep when I brought it home.

The wife gave me a go ahead to get side bars to protect from doors and allow her to get in easier.

Then she noted how ridiculous the Jeep looked with stock sport feet. So she gave the thumbs up to get my lift and 35's all around. This was a great day. I'm quite pleased with the look, and the ride. I also bought the Superchip FlasCal for the 2015 JKU, so my speedo and odometer would read right. When the 2015 FlashPaq is available, I'll get it too so the shift points can be reprogrammed for better mileage.

Then a friend who has a 2014 JKU Rubicon brought be his black grill, since he completely reworked his front end and had this in his closet. So I put it on and fell in love with the look.

That's all for now. In the future, I'm looking at new front & rear bumpers, new audio and some custom graphics.

Hope y'all enjoy!
Wow ! Gorgeous jeep thanks for posting. Love the wheel/tire grill combo - clean and unique. Do you have 3.73s?

·
Registered
61 Posts
that is a good looking Jeep! I got the Flashcal too and I will probably jump on the upgrade. haven't put my wheels on yet (the 26th) then I can shoot some new pics. Love the speaker idea, I did the kickers front and soundbar, nice improvement for $144..........looking good!

·
Registered
582 Posts
Great looking Jeep! What lift kit did you end up going with? Perfect stance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I love this look… awesome. I order the sahara unlimited sunset pearl two days ago - ready in 4-7 weeks. I couldn't get the black fenders that I like with the sahara but I couldn't get the black leather unless I got the sahara. If I just ordered it 2 days ago can I change things? How much do those wheels/tires cost and did u buy in Canada? Should I upgrade the soft top if I have the hard top coming too? Thanks!

·
Contorting Member
242 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Ccarrico, I got the Terraflex 2.5" lift.

Brit_chic, Not sure what you want to change on your order. Sahara's come with the matched paint fenders. You can buy black fenders after you take delivery and try to sell the Sahara fenders. I bought everything here in the US, state of Georgia. Wheels were $148 each, tires were $265 each.

As for the soft top, I got the cloth twill premium top. Much better than the vinyl stock top. I think you can get the soft top with your hard. But it will be at least another $1000 or more to your order.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts