Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1993 4.0 yj and it is riding really rough and when you hit a bump it seams to hit hard. i have a lift and i dont know if they go bad and i need to replace it or replace something else. sounds crazy but im new to this I bought the jeep in 97 with the lift but left it at my dads house and he let ig just sit so i went and got it back now time to fix it up.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Lifted wranglers generally ride rougher. The higher the lift springs the worse they are. Try letting some pressure out of your tires and look into maybe some softer shocks.

·
Jeeper
11,419 Posts
First, since it's free... check the air in the tires.... Lots of places like to overinflate them...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you i will look up those shocks and check the air in the tires.

·
Registered
2,113 Posts
Just remember, you'll only get to a certain point with YJ's before it's a waste of money. It's true, certain shocks will make it ride a little nicer, but at the end of the day you're sitting on four leaf springs.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yea i hear ya i was just hoping to make it a little better. im sure new shocks would help alot. And if not i can live with it. It sure is nice being able to ask questions and get answers from someone who is not trying to sell me thier product. Thanks

·
Registered
402 Posts
also to go back to your first post... The more your springs do wear out the softer the ride will be from spring sag. What size/model/brand tires you running? You can get a lot of input here on what psi people are running on their ride...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I am running BFG all terain 31's. And im getting BFG 33's AX2 i think.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well I'm not sure. I guess I'm hoping when I get shocks and check air pressure it will get a little better.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Yes the jeep has been in Florida it's whole life and the last 3 years just sitting there no being driven at all. But now I have it in Oklahoma and I'm redoing alot of it. Do you have to know what lift you have to replace the bushings? I bought the jeep in 96 and it was already lifted.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I bought some BDS shocks today because a buddy stood on my hitch and jumped up and down and was almost positive my shocks have froze up and aren't compressing at all. I will take some pics of my lift and figure out how to put them on here tonight but everything has been painted black. I will put a pic of the jeep up also.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts