Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking to put 2.5 lift and want close to stock ride as possible...don't want a stiff or bumpy ride. What do I want to put on or not put on to make sure of this. Looking at rough country skyjack and Tera flex kits.

·
Super Moderator
15,385 Posts

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Another lift that people here really like on the street is the AEV 2.5". Rides better then stock.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Another lift that people here really like on the street is the AEV 2.5". Rides better then stock.
x3

I did my lift with the same idea as the AEV but with single-rate springs.
Rubicon Express 2.5" lift with monotube shocks (Billsteins), RE drop brackets instead of cambolts, Teraflex bombproof trackbar, RE brakeline relocation brackets.
Very smooth ride, no more bumpsteer, handles more weight.

·
Super Moderator
14,554 Posts
Consider a budget boost, like the Rough Country Series II 2.5... Keep the stock springs and shocks. That is a stock like ride quality and that RC Series II is a great BB and amazing value.

Ride is subjective... You may not like what I like and vice-versa. While my Jeep rides firmer than stock, I think it's better, it doesn't sway all over the place like a stock Jeep and has significantly more clearance and flex for off road obstacles.

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Consider a budget boost, like the Rough Country Series II 2.5... Keep the stock springs and shocks. That is a stock like ride quality and that RC Series II is a great BB and amazing value.

Ride is subjective... You may not like what I like and vice-versa. While my Jeep rides firmer than stock, I think it's better, it doesn't sway all over the place like a stock Jeep and has significantly more clearance and flex for off road obstacles.
There's that too.
If you like the spring rate you've got, stick with it. Unless you're going to add weight...
I'd still want geometry correction brackets (AEV, Rubicon Express, Rancho, Rough Country, etc) with a BB rather than cambolts.
I don't like cambolts...

·
Super Moderator
14,554 Posts
There's that too.
If you like the spring rate you've got, stick with it. Unless you're going to add weight...
I'd still want geometry correction brackets (AEV, Rubicon Express, Rancho, Rough Country, etc) with a BB rather than cambolts.
I don't like cambolts...
X2

Too many lift kits cheap out and put in cambolts when quality caster correction is just better in every way.

·
Registered
4,017 Posts
Does the lift kits take care of the front end rake? Or is a leveling kit still needed?
Some do, some don't. I don't have any rake with my 3.5" AEV lift.

·
Registered
535 Posts
I've ridden in lots of jk's with lots of different lifts. There is 1 of just about everything in the club. IMO nothing rides better than a 2.5 or 3.5 rock krawler with the fox 2.0's.

everything else is stiffer

aev, skyjacker, trailmaster, rubicon express, rancho, etc. The rock krawler with the bilsteins is a little on the stiff side too but with the fox 2.0's it is better than my stock rubicon. Still soft enough to be comfy but takes the nose dive and body roll out.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I've ridden in lots of jk's with lots of different lifts. There is 1 of just about everything in the club. IMO nothing rides better than a 2.5 or 3.5 rock krawler with the fox 2.0's.

everything else is stiffer

aev, skyjacker, trailmaster, rubicon express, rancho, etc. The rock krawler with the bilsteins is a little on the stiff side too but with the fox 2.0's it is better than my stock rubicon. Still soft enough to be comfy but takes the nose dive and body roll out.
+1 on this. I have the Rock Krawler with the Bilstine's and it's just a little off. Better then stock but not better the stock with Rancho 9000 shock replacements. Weighing my options on shocks now.

·
Premium Member
7,353 Posts
As some have said ride is subjective and people are going to like what they purchased for the most part. I have the MC Gamechanger system with 6 pak shocks. I really thought I made a mistake when I first drove it. It rode much different than stock, kinda wallowed a bit, hard to describe. The roads in my area are fairly smooth so I was a little put off at first. Then I got out on to some bad road, freeway expansion joints and the like and this setup is so much better than stock I would never consider going back.

Nothing you put on there is going to be like stock, it's going to be better or worse depending on your feel for the vehicle. It's to bad we can't try different setups before purchase.

·
Registered
331 Posts
+ 2 on RK 2.5" lift although I have the Rancho 9000's and love it. It rides way better than stock IMO. Plus with the added weight of larger spare tire, bumper, winch etc, it doesn't sag. Keep that in mind too..what weight you're adding.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts