Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok here goes.i Dont plan on re-gearing so let's not go too far down that rabbit hole but open discourse is always a good. I have a 2018 WW 2dr and I will get a bit larger tire when the oems wear out. I really like the ridge Grapplers in 255 80 17 and 285 75 17. I have a mppar 2 inch lift with rancho Geo brackets and a yeti track bar going in this week and that will be it for the mods until I add 10a bumpers and get a power dome hood I already have repainted. My driving is 68 miles to work every day and 90-95 percent of that is interesting driving at 65 mph/2000 rpm or so. Off roading a few times a month but we don't have rocks or anything like that in coastal Alabama. I get about 19.5-20.5 mpg now. Any opinions on which of those two tires would be better? I feel like the 255s would be optimal but I really like the looks of the 285s as well. Just mainly looking for feed back on these two tires but all suggestions welcome. I also just added the maxcare deal yesterday so I don't want to o run afoul of that either.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Automatic or manual? I have a 6 speed, just put the 285/75/17 on and really like them. Running the 3.73s and still haven't decided if i want to regear. Back roads on my 10 mile commute to work running 50-60 is great. I haven't had it out on the freeway to test out how it'll do hills at 70-80 but so far I haven't noticed that big of difference. According to my dash computer, I'm getting 17mpg, I had been getting 18 before the new tires. The only reason I see myself regearing is if it really sucks on the hills but right now, I can live with it. I think the 285/75/17 is about as close to perfect a size as you can get for a JK.....unless you go 37's and flat fenders :lmao:

·
Registered
613 Posts
I'm running 285/70s on my 3.73/auto but I only have a Rancho 2" lift. Had I gone Mopar 2", there is NO question that 285/75/17s would be mounted rite now. I went 70s cuz the 75s look stuffed to me w/the Rancho. Last tank was 17mpg compared to 20 B4 lift/wheel/tire install but should clime a bit as weather improves. I think the 285/75 would be my Max on 3.73s b4 all lo end grunt/hill climbin power would be depleated. I like a narrow tire but they look silly on a Wrangler IMO..

Attachments

·
Registered
398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think I am leaning to the 34s for now if to he ride on them is ok. I likely have at least 40k more miles to go to make a final decision though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts