Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2010 jk rubicon unlimited w/ 4"superlift, rough country shocks, on

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

35" 12.5 18 nitto trail grapplers. want any suggestions on how to smooth out ride for daily driving on streets. just ordered new teraflex fox shocks to see if that'll help.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Check out Rancho 9000s - they are adjustable. You should have asked before ordering lol - good luck though hope they work out.

·
Registered
898 Posts
Yes, check the tire PSI! When I got my tires they had the PSI at 42, I have lowered them down to about 30PSI! 42lbs had me bouncing all over the road!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I 2nd the tire pressure.... I work for a tire manufacturer and I put 15's in my jeep due to the sidewall rating. Most people don't think about that.... Your 18 inch tires probably have an e rating and my 15's have a c rating which is more than enough for a jeep. My jeep is a two door with a small lift and rides smoother than my friends jeep which is a four door. Same style of tire... BFG KM2's his are 17 with e rating and mine are 15 with c rating. Both jeeps are 2012 JK's.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
pressure was at 40 but lowered to 30, still rough though and then my light is on for low tire pressure but still has 30. and yea i should of but just registered today lol

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
The good news is your Jeep is friggin' badass. :thumb:

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
pressure was at 40 but lowered to 30, still rough though and then my light is on for low tire pressure but still has 30. and yea i should of but just registered today lol
Have you ridden around a bit after lowering the tire pressure to see if the TPMS light goes off? And separately, do you have an AEV ProCal to change your TPMS settings and correct the speedometer for your larger tires? If not, look into it.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
I assume Ken means the Fox ones you ordered.

·
Registered
928 Posts
Doubt the shocks will make much difference with load range E tires, those tires are made for 3/4 and 1 ton trucks.

·
Registered
2,321 Posts
Good point Mac

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mt guess is it is the E Load rated tires as well. I just changed my E load 33's back to stock tyres and the difference was night and day. I was running the E tires at 26 psi as well. I had already changed my shocks as well with little difference. I found that coils and shocks may provide a harsh ride, but tires will provide a harsh ride.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I had c rated pro comps on my 94 wrangler and they rode rough, I can imagine what an e rated tire is like....I could let all but 15 lbs out of the c's and they still looked like they were fully inflated..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts