Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When i press my brakes in my 04 rubicon my right light will not turn on, but when parking lights are on the light will turn on but will not get bright when brake is pressed.

·
Registered
3,372 Posts
Might be as simple as a bit of corrosion in the socket. Best place to start.

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
Check your grounds, tail lamps ground with the mounting screws.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Does your right turn signal work when you turn it on? If your turn signal works then I'd say that you may have a problem with your turn signal switch. If turn signal is not working them I'd look for a break in the brake light wiring.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I figured it out, previous owner removed third brake light and left the wires open and not completing the circuit. i just put a load between the + and - and it fixed the problem

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
I figured it out, previous owner removed third brake light and left the wires open and not completing the circuit. i just put a load between the + and - and it fixed the problem
Not sure how this fixed the problem, can't remember the last time I had a third brake light and that certainly hasn't given me problems.

Your issue sounded like a bad ground.

Your wirings seems funky.

·
Registered
2,972 Posts
I'd say ground problem them cages tend to be a PITA . My first Tj had them they worked then didn't work . Take a wire hook it to your bumper and put the other end to your light .
They are LEDs which means they are no longer grounded through the mounts. Looks like bad wiring job or multi function switch.

OP does the right blinker work?

·
Registered
908 Posts
Past few LEDs had different pigtails on them YOUR colors I can't say but the jeep Harness is so :
Purple/black = reverse light
Black/yellow = taillight
Green /red = (left) turn/stop
Brown/ red = (right) turn/stop

·
Mostly old school..!
12,149 Posts
I would try disconnecting the led's and use a test light to test the jeep wiring. If that works, then you know it's in the led circuitry or a ground, if it doesn't work with a standard test light, then it's probably the multifuntion switch. (You'll have to check it there.)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts