Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey just installed teraflex performance leveling kit (coils). When I was finished I notice the right front tire was sticking out slightly while the left was straight. Do I only need an alignment? I know they say to get one after lift kit install. Can I just fix this by adjusting tie rod? Thanks

·
Registered
289 Posts
anytime you lift a solid axle vehicle with a track bar it will pull the wheel to one side- the "best" way to fix is with an adjustable track bar to re-center the wheel. you don't need an alignment. Basic tools and a tape measure required. you will need to adjust the drag link to recenter you steering wheel

·
Registered
598 Posts
Your entire axle will have shifted just a bit after the lift due to the non-adjustable OEM track bar which may be making it look like one tire is out and the other is straight, but likely they are both straight but a tad off center. You can get an adjustable bar to re-center it, but on a minimal lift, many folks leave it as is.
Your toe-in shouldn't have changed and no alignment is generally needed after installing a leveling kit on a JK.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts