Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Every so often when I make a right hand turn there is a clunk coming from the back end. Sounds like it comes from the back right tire area but I`m not sure.
It doesn`t do it everytime, just every so often but it does have me a little concerned.
Its never done it on a left hand turn, only a right.
At first I just though something was falling over like the crate my daughter and I keep our wading shoes and waders in or maybe a speaker or something.
But its not. Anybody experience this and may have an idea on what it is?

·
Registered
265 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on somebody, I see a lot of views but not much advise..*lol*
I know there are some top notch jeep mechs out there with so much knowledge about them. Makes me envious.. Unfortunately, most of what I learned was through experience
of dang it, better fix this..

·
Premium Member
10,093 Posts
OK so we have something bad maybe. Take a look at both sides of the rear area look at shock mounts, if your track bar is still installed is it loose are the bushings shot and gone. On the right rear you aalso have the exhaust system with hangaars and isolators the rubber dudes. The take a look at the axles and the leaf springs all the way to the shackkles and see if anything is showing signs of parts missing or moving.

Take a lug wrench and check your wheel lugs on all wheels see if any are loose and after all that take a look at the driveshaft really close attention to the u-joints and the straps. Put a wrench on them and confirm aall bolts are tight.

There ois no magic answer to the clunk it is a lot of looking around and it can be time consuming so get aa trouble light and if your lifted a confortable creeper turn on some tunes and grab some cold beers and hang out under the JEEP. Best I got.

·
Registered
112 Posts
a comfortable creeper, turn on some tunes, grab some cold beers, and hang out under the JEEP. Best I got.
Can't get better than that.... Date night with the Jeep!

·
Registered
112 Posts
On a serious note, I live in the area and might be willing to take a look if I ever get a day off. I may be up for it next Friday, just depends on if the boss man decides to make me work or not. If you want, PM me, I'll get you my number so we can get in touch.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts