Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which D2 should I get to mount on my a-pillar? Is the price difference of the driving light worth it over the spot or flood?

·
Registered
574 Posts
A-pillar is the one on the windshield right?

I, would put spot pattern in there, driving or flood pattern will probably reflect on the hood and screw up the visual since the output is wider and spread. But that is just my assumption.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Id say go driving (spot) with D2s at that location. The diffused or floods would be a good choice for an external bumper mount, IMO.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I got the smitty bilt mounts that move them over away from the center of the hood and I have the driving lights and I don't get a glare. They really light up everything and I'm happy. I'd love to get them in yellow to put in the fogs.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The 4 LED Spots are $190 for a pair and the 6 LED Driving ones are $360 for a pair. Are the driving ones worth the extra $?

·
Registered
572 Posts
I think the 4 LED are the Dually and the 6 are the Dually D2 which are more powerful. The Dually is 1100 lumens and D2 is 2600

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think the 4 LED are the Dually and the 6 are the Dually D2 which are more powerful. The Dually is 1100 lumens and D2 is 2600
Just noticed that. Thanks

·
Registered
784 Posts
I'd say if you already have a good light base, LED headlamps & at least one addl rigid, you'd be fine with the dually. If not get the d2.

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'd say if you already have a good light base, LED headlamps & at least one addl rigid, you'd be fine with the dually. If not get the d2.
I may start with the Dually, then go for some D2s when I get an after market bumper. Mount the D2s to the bumper.

·
Registered
572 Posts
I may get the amber duallys for the fogs, but I want them hooked up to the stock switch and I think there is flickering if it's hooked up like that.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Here is a good post I saw in a different thread:
http://www.wranglerforum.com/f33/spod-installed-what-do-you-guys-suggest-for-first-aux-lights-243140.html#post3766537
Remember this basic rule of thumb....floods go low, spots go high....combos in the middle. You want the area directly in front of your rig lit, so you want a bright, wide beam, thus, go flood on the bumper area. Rooftop lighting is meant for distance, so you want a spot up there. The middle you want a combo.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Hi

i have the dually D2 driving

Mounted the switch here with a rubber groomet

Se my film here, and in 1080p

Dually D2 Driving beam from Rigid Industries on a 2 door Sahara Wrangler 2012, Part one - YouTube
Hi Omar, how did you install the lights? Did you use only original harness and switch from dually lights? My main concern, did you have to buy any other accessories to install these, or everything comes in original rugged industries dually d2 box? Also, is it easy to install that switch to that location where you installed. Thanks

1 - 13 of 13 Posts