Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

My Hard Rock is almost here and I could not be more excited! I purchased the AEV Tire Carrier and wanted to get some backup lights to mount on top.

I was looking into the Rigid Industries Dually or D2s. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with using these as backup lights. If so, which model and style would you suggest?

I am set on the Rigid Industries since the lights are of great quality and give the look I want for my Jeep. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
267 Posts
I'm using the Rigid D2 Diffused for back ups and site lighting....love them too...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
The flood or hybrid model. And seriously, just one will do. lol But two will look sexy too.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys!

asteve, how long did it take you to install the D2s? I want to run the lights to the battery instead of using an spod. Was the harness that came with the lights enough or did you opt for the backup light harness (25 feet long vs 14 feet)?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Thanks guys!

asteve, how long did it take you to install the D2s? I want to run the lights to the battery instead of using an spod. Was the harness that came with the lights enough or did you opt for the backup light harness (25 feet long vs 14 feet)?
About an hour...The harness needed to be extended to make it to my spod. I also used convoluted tubing to protect all the wiring from the rear to the spod.

SC

·
Registered
8,929 Posts
I'd use the floods.
And make sure you switch them properly and only use them offroad or when nobody's behind you. Talk about blinding somebody...
Reverse lights are purposely dim so that brake lights can be seen over them by motorists. It's important that others are aware of which direction you're going in.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hi All,

My Hard Rock is almost here and I could not be more excited! I purchased the AEV Tire Carrier and wanted to get some backup lights to mount on top.

I was looking into the Rigid Industries Dually or D2s. I was wondering if anyone has had experience with using these as backup lights. If so, which model and style would you suggest?

I am set on the Rigid Industries since the lights are of great quality and give the look I want for my Jeep. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!
Kevin. I have a Rubicon X with the AEV Tire Carrier and mounted a Dually HD Flood light on top. I will get a Pic tonight for you. The 1 Flood light is plenty bright.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for all the replies! I'm going with 2 Dually Diffused, the backup light kit (25 foot harness) and the security kits for each light to protect my investment. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
I just had to look up the security kit, never heard of it until now. Not sure sure that is worth the extra $$? Where will you be mounting the lights?

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Im going to mount both light on top of my AEV tire carrier. There are two mounting holes that are perfect for both lights. I hope I made the right decision choosing the Diffused over the Flood and Driving LEDs.

·
Registered
503 Posts
I have a cheap chinese/ebay version of the D2 on my JK, wired to my sPOD

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
How do the knock off perform? For just reverse, I can live with less than top notch to save some money.

·
Registered
8,929 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
How do the knock off perform? For just reverse, I can live with less than top notch to save some money.
for less than $30, it lets me see when backing up. :iamhappy:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts