·
BBQTIME
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here's what I was going to do 1st thing to my JKU when it shows up:
Dually D2 Wide beams on MORE lower windshield mounts
SR Spectre 10" bar on the bumper
sPOD in where it's warm

My main use will be creeping along forest roads after dark in the snow covered WV mtns (near Durbin if you're curious). I figured this would give me a great view to the left and right in the sharp corners, and I could blast the 10" bar to see way up ahead on the straights.

HOWEVER I came to a screeching halt when I read something about not mounting wide beams on the windshield because they will reflect off the hood and make it harder to see anything :eek: Like high beams in a snow storm...That wouldn't be good.

I could use some help from you guys running lights in various positions. Anyone take the full on LED plunge yet?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

·
Registered
33,932 Posts
This is what I have!
KC 130 watt SlimLite with KC Windshield Mounts
Rigid Dually LED Amber Fog Lights

Lights on in the day time.

·
BBQTIME
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you running an aftermarket bumper? Depending on the size, you should be able to mount all three to the bumper.
I was just going to add a bar to the stock bumper. Hadn't picked one out yet. Not sure what options there are for mounts. I'm not against getting a new bumper but I haven't really looked into it.

·
BBQTIME
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I found some discussion/examples on other forums about this and decided that the D2 floods on the windshield should be fine. I'm going to aim them away from center. At the speeds I'll be going, this will be good.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
HOWEVER I came to a screeching halt when I read something about not mounting wide beams on the windshield because they will reflect off the hood and make it harder to see anything :eek: Like high beams in a snow storm...That wouldn't be good.
QUOTE]

General usage is wide beam down low to iluminate the road/trail, narrow beam higher for long distance.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts