Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm planning 2 mods ahead for my build and have a question reguarding the new Rigid Radiance LED bars. I'm curious if it would be possible to connect them to an sPod along with using the Radiance back-light feature on the same switch. The Radiance LED bars have a back-light option when their full LED's are powered on. Aren't the sPod switches 2way, wouldn't you need a 3way switch for the Rigid Radiance? On-Off-Backlight? These new Radiance LED bars are a fraction the price of their normal LED bars, the 50" Radiance bar is under $500 compaired to their top of the line 50" over $1,500. Just trying to figure things out for the sPod LED's I plan adding.
Here is a link to their new Radiance LED bars

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=S-yiUFWLqsg

·
Registered
51 Posts
I can't really see the wiring but I imagine with the Spod you could wire the backlight to one switch and the actual lights to another. It's not ideal but it should work.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Guess these LED bars are too new for people to install them yet.
Any guys out there have the Radiance LED bars installed yet?

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I can't really see the wiring but I imagine with the Spod you could wire the backlight to one switch and the actual lights to another. It's not ideal but it should work.
Just got off the cell with Nate at Rigid Industries and he said the same thing. The Radiance LED bars are controlled by 2 switches, 1 for the back light and 1 for the full LED's to be turned on. I'm going to have the sPod control both the back lighting and LED's. Think I like the 50" Rigid Radiance and a 20" for the bumper along with 2 Midnight (blacked out) cubes for the windshield.
Now, to decide on what color back lighting to get on the Radiance Bars, at first I liked white back lighting but feel it doesn't add anything extra or look special so now I'm leaning towards the blue back lighting. The blue back lighting is a light blue, kinda whitish. Think it will go good on my blacked out Hard Rock.
Here a link to see the different colors available.
http://www.rigidindustriesradiance.com/

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
Just got off the cell with Nate at Rigid Industries and he said the same thing. The Radiance LED bars are controlled by 2 switches, 1 for the back light and 1 for the full LED's to be turned on. I'm going to have the sPod control both the back lighting and LED's. Think I like the 50" Rigid Radiance and a 20" for the bumper along with 2 Midnight (blacked out) cubes for the windshield.
Now, to decide on what color back lighting to get on the Radiance Bars, at first I liked white back lighting but feel it doesn't add anything extra or look special so now I'm leaning towards the blue back lighting. The blue back lighting is a light blue, kinda whitish. Think it will go good on my blacked out Hard Rock.
Here a link to see the different colors available.
Radiance by Rigid Industries L.E.D. Lighting |
Ugh, those things are sick! I wish I didn't love my current lights so much. Prices are pretty reasonable too, I wonder how the output is?

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ugh, those things are sick! I wish I didn't love my current lights so much. Prices are pretty reasonable too, I wonder how the output is?
The guy I spoke with Nate said the 50" Radiance with the single row of LED's puts out 15,876 Raw Lumens compared to their top of the line Midnight E-Series 50" what puts out 23,000 Raw Lumens. Not bad for saving $1,100 for 6,000 Lumens. He said the 50" Radiance will be brighter then any other brands 50" bars on the market. He also said they're able to keep the price point down by having half the LED's and circuits that normally go into their Midnight E-Series 50" LED bars.
These look like a winner IMO. I can get the Rigid Radiance 50" for less then $499, the Radiance 20" (HR bumper) for less then $239 and a pair of midnight (blacked out) cubes for under $200. All those lights for under $1,000 bucks.
Joking around I said they needed Radiance cubes LED's and Nate said they're working on Radiance cubes and should be available within a year.
Think I'm going with the blue Radiance for my 50" and 20", or white might be the other option.

·
Premium Member
352 Posts
I really like these lights. They are built here in the Phoenix area (Gilbert) and it would be nice if they had a showroom to buy stuff here locally! I can see a 20" in my future for the front HR number as well. I think I will go with Red to match the Red highlights of the HR.

I'm also looking for some cubes to put out back to help the little reverse lights we presently have. It would be nice if they had something to fill in the space at the end of the HR rear bumper. Something to sit in the indents flush and have around a 240 degree beam.

And you're correct. The price is right! Winner, winner, chicken dinner.....

·
Premium Member
1,304 Posts
The guy I spoke with Nate said the 50" Radiance with the single row of LED's puts out 15,876 Raw Lumens compared to their top of the line Midnight E-Series 50" what puts out 23,000 Raw Lumens. Not bad for saving $1,100 for 6,000 Lumens. He said the 50" Radiance will be brighter then any other brands 50" bars on the market. He also said they're able to keep the price point down by having half the LED's and circuits that normally go into their Midnight E-Series 50" LED bars.
These look like a winner IMO. I can get the Rigid Radiance 50" for less then $499, the Radiance 20" (HR bumper) for less then $239 and a pair of midnight (blacked out) cubes for under $200. All those lights for under $1,000 bucks.
Joking around I said they needed Radiance cubes LED's and Nate said they're working on Radiance cubes and should be available within a year.
Think I'm going with the blue Radiance for my 50" and 20", or white might be the other option.
Whatever you do, DO NOT do it before Jeep Beach, because I have a feeling if I see these in person I'm going to make a bad decision. I just need to keep telling myself they won't play nice with the SPod I have which I also love, and aren't worth the hassle.

Lumens are pretty good, my single row 50" bar puts out 20200 lumens, so it's a drop for theirs of about 25%, but damn it looks great.

The only problem I see the colored backlighting will be an issue with law enforcement if you run the red or blue. Officers are pretty tolerant of lights here but they won't put up with red or blue lights. Kind of a damper since that is their most appealing feature. The blue look the best but the red one's would look awesome with our Hard Rocks.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Whatever you do, DO NOT do it before Jeep Beach, because I have a feeling if I see these in person I'm going to make a bad decision. I just need to keep telling myself they won't play nice with the SPod I have which I also love, and aren't worth the hassle.

Lumens are pretty good, my single row 50" bar puts out 20200 lumens, so it's a drop for theirs of about 25%, but damn it looks great.

The only problem I see the colored backlighting will be an issue with law enforcement if you run the red or blue. Officers are pretty tolerant of lights here but they won't put up with red or blue lights. Kind of a damper since that is their most appealing feature. The blue look the best but the red one's would look awesome with our Hard Rocks.
Was thinking I want this before Jeep Beach, hehee. Might as well arrive in style :beerdrinking:. Think I need to get started on ordering my sPod and run the wiring to make room for all the lights. The install on the sPod looks pretty straight forward and easy for the most part, I watched a few youtubes on installs.
I see you point with the colored back lights, didn't think of that. I would mostly use them at car shows ect.

·
Registered
23,965 Posts
It should work with the pod.

It's your ride and your build.... But I don't see the point of the back lit feature. other than to say, I have something you don't. Then to waste a second switch on an Spod.?. Not bashing you at all, Just saying.

My $.02

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It should work with the pod.

It's your ride and your build.... But I don't see the point of the back lit feature. other than to say, I have something you don't. Then to waste a second switch on an Spod.?. Not bashing you at all, Just saying.

My $.02
I like new technology and the different look from the norm. I will use the back lighting at Jeep meets/car show ect :beerdrinking:. I think I will sacrifice my CB switch for the back lights, hmm. Didn't fully plan things out yet so who knows (don't even have the sPod yet). By this time next year there will be 100 Chinese clones of these Radiance LED bars :puke:.

·
Registered
23,965 Posts
I like new technology and the different look from the norm. I will use the back lighting at Jeep meets/car show ect :beerdrinking:. I think I will sacrifice my CB switch for the back lights, hmm. Didn't fully plan things out yet so who knows (don't even have the sPod yet). By this time next year there will be 100 Chinese clones of these Radiance LED bars :puke:.
Understand that. :thumb:

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I really like these lights. They are built here in the Phoenix area (Gilbert) and it would be nice if they had a showroom to buy stuff here locally! I can see a 20" in my future for the front HR number as well. I think I will go with Red to match the Red highlights of the HR.

I'm also looking for some cubes to put out back to help the little reverse lights we presently have. It would be nice if they had something to fill in the space at the end of the HR rear bumper. Something to sit in the indents flush and have around a 240 degree beam.

And you're correct. The price is right! Winner, winner, chicken dinner.....
Yeah, I'm also trying to figure out where to add some extra reverse light that will fit and look like a clean install in the rear Hard Rock bumper. Haven't really looked into it much, I was thinking maybe some small single row or cubes off a hitch bracket or some sort, kinda like on the left and right side of the hitch. Hmmm

·
Registered
387 Posts
Does anyone have the Maximus stinger on their HR bumper? I think if I'm reading correctly only a 10" bar will fit on the bumper with the stinger, not a 20".

Also let me know what you come up with for the reverse lights.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Have a 50" Radiance on order. 2 week wait. Anyone know what type if any electrical connectors come on Radiance bar. Looked at optional wiring harness and did not see any. Going to wire up to two switches on spod also.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Have a 50" Radiance on order. 2 week wait. Anyone know what type if any electrical connectors come on Radiance bar. Looked at optional wiring harness and did not see any. Going to wire up to two switches on spod also.
Just received this 50" Radiance in Blue back light today, I placed the order on Thursday and got it today, gotta love Quadratec. As for the connectors I believe they're bare wires, that's what you would want for wiring to an sPod, we will just need some extra red and black wiring to reach our sPods location for the LED bars. I'm also going to wire up my 50" and 20" on 3 sPod switches, 1 for the Radiance back light on the 50" and 20" and the other 2 switches for each LED bar.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm planning on doing the exact same thing as OP.
Like previously said, law enforcement can be a problem depending on where you live. Here in NY it simply won't fly as told to me by several friends I have in law enforcement (especially the red and blue)

I'm going to go with the Rigid 50 Radiance in white. Keep in mind, with the white you can always put colored lenses over it if you want; with a colored backlight you're just stuck with that color.

I also wanted to keep the blacked out look I have going so I originally wanted the midnight edition along with the radiance backlight option but as of now, no such luck. Can't have your cake and eat it too I suppose.
Solution?....I'm having someone put a tint over the bar to keep it slightly more subdued and darker.

I will also probably use two switches once I get my spod- one for backlight and one for main lights.
I'm going to go with the midnight cubes at the base of the windshield.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts