Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying a polar edition 2014 jk. It has 325/65/18 fierce tires sitting on stock jeep 18x7.5 rims with no lift. Opinions please?? The tire shop websites are saying these tires are to big for the rims? But I can assure you they are on it, as I drove it yesterday. Please help!?

·
Registered
616 Posts
It is fine.

Not recommended but done frequently.

Makes it a bitch to install the tires on rims, so says my tire guy lol

·
Registered
181 Posts
Those should work fine. But you say you want options? What are you trying to do? Are you putting a lift and want a wheel and tire package that will work? If so, how much of a lift etc. are you looking at?

I know I answered your question with more questions but more info might give us something to go with for recommendations for you :)

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,005 Posts
I'm looking at buying a polar edition 2014 jk. It has 325/65/18 fierce tires sitting on stock jeep 18x7.5 rims with no lift. Opinions please?? The tire shop websites are saying these tires are to big for the rims? But I can assure you they are on it, as I drove it yesterday. Please help!?
A lot of people like to run an 8 inch wide wheel with 12.5 inch wide tire to give them some sidewall pressure. This allows you to air the tires down a bit more without the fear of losing a bead.

A 12.8" wide tire on a 7.5" is a bit more of a stretch, but as long as the tire isn't wearing funny, you should be ok. Although the guy who installed them was probably not happy!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

-Ryan

·
ExtremeTerrain.com Sponsoring Vendor
6,005 Posts
Just found out it has a leveling kit? Not sure what size
Most leveling kits are a 2" lift in the front and a 1" lift in the rear. This gets rid of the factory rake and adds a small amount of lift all the way around. If it's a spacer lift you can measure the spacers to get the height. Keep in mind that if it's a spacer lift you won't want to add a spacer lift on top of it. If you want a spacer lift you'll have to figure out the height of spacers needed by subtracting the existing ones.

You can however add lift springs with the spacers installed, or without them. Let me know if you have other questions!

-Ryan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts