Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently looking at low cost upgrades to my 2005 wrangler x. I have seen plasti dipping them and most likely will do that. I also would like to have the tires stick out a bit instead of being flush with the fenders. Any low cost ideas? Preferably low maintenance. I don't have a large income. Anything helps!

Attachments

·
Registered
162 Posts
You can buy spacers of different widths that will give you a wider stance. Just search wheel spacers and you should come up with a bunch. That and plasti dip would be your cheapest option.

·
Registered
306 Posts
DC2's are cheaper than a lot of other wheels but if you're looking for cheaper wheel spacers work. A lot of people don't recommend them though due to increased axle stress

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Nice looking Jeep as she sits. If you want a little more wheel show pull the milk jugs off the front bumper. Plasti-dip is a popular mod, but looks Fisher-Price no matter which way you spray it. Pull the step bars for a little more stance. Either way your Jeep is quite capable as is. If you want to beef her up, read on & choose your own route.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Nice ride! Mine was like that not too long ago. Small upgrades along the way make a real difference. I love plasti-dip it is great and looks really nice on my wheels.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Use the plasti-dip on other stuff too! I did my rear bumper. I also painted the fenders with some spray on bed liner and touched up the mirrors. About to clean up the rust and paint the door handles too. All the small stuff can get it looking nice!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts