Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to the Jeep world. Quick question...I have a 2008 JKU with 18inch stock rims. I love the Willys rims and could possibly have a hookup for a set. They are size 17. Would this even work? I'm I dreaming? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
10,175 Posts
The TPMS frequency changed starting in 2013. So, you'll need to change the sensor in each wheel. Beyond that, you should be OK.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why new tires? Sizing? I have new tires that were put on when I bought it. Again, I apologize for not knowing. Single Mom. But I know more than most. 😉

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The TPMS frequency changed starting in 2013. So, you'll need to change the sensor in each wheel. Beyond that, you should be OK.
Thanks! Whomever I ask to mount them should be able to do this I would guess?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Yes the tire shop can move the sensors from your old wheels to the new wheels. They are inside the wheel. They have to take the tire off to get to the sensor. You will probably have to pay them to dismount the tire.
The wheels that you want are 17 inches in diamenter. Your old wheels arms tires are 18 inches. If you buy the new wheels your old tires will not fit. Is the seller keeping the tires and only selling you the wheels?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yes the tire shop can move the sensors from your old wheels to the new wheels. They are inside the wheel. They have to take the tire off to get to the sensor. You will probably have to pay them to dismount the tire. The wheels that you want are 17 inches in diamenter. Your old wheels arms tires are 18 inches. If you buy the new wheels your old tires will not fit. Is the seller keeping the tires and only selling you the wheels?
seller is selling only the rims.

·
Registered
2,449 Posts
I have to.....but wheel* not rim! Get the Willys if you can. I love mine!

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
Why new tires? Sizing? I have new tires that were put on when I bought it. Again, I apologize for not knowing. Single Mom. But I know more than most. 😉
You mentioned that your Jeep has 18 inch wheels. If you get the Willys wheels without tires, your current tires wont fit. The Willys wheels are 17 inch.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
yes. I'm aware they are 17inch. Just didn't know if it was possible to put the 18inch tire on them.
OK.

A 17 inch tire will not mount on an 18 inch wheel.

Conversely, an 18 inch tire will not mount on a 17 inch wheel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts