Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting ready to upgrade my 94 YJ rims (currently has 15s). My mechanic said that getting tires would be easier with 16s.
My Jeep friends say to go with 17s.... What's the best way to go? If it's 17s then what lift will I require for 35" tall?

·
Registered
848 Posts
I am sure others will chime in but I think if you are going to 35's you need 4 inches of lift. The wheel size doesn't affect the lift question. The wheel back spacing may also need attention if you are going to 35's.

·
Registered
4,178 Posts
15's

·
Registered
641 Posts
Hey Frank.
Firstly, this thread belongs in "YJ Tech" or YJ General Discussion" where you will likely get many more answers. This is the "YJ Build" forum where people detail their individual builds. It's more a place where we show others what we are doing and why as opposed to asking questions. Just FYI.

To answer your question, 15's or 17's with 3.75" backspacing.
Not 16's.

Depending on a lot of factors you can fit 35's under anything from zero to 10" of lift but assuming you are running stock width axles, stock spring and shackle mounts, and without doing a lot of alteration to the body of your jeep, you will want 4-5" of lift with 35's.

The big question here is whether your jeep is stockish now and how much money/effort you are committed into spending on running 35's. Because the game has only just begun once you're lifted and have big tires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts