Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering why people don't run 20 inch rims. Is there an issue with running a larger rim? I wanna run 20's with 37 inch tires, are there down sides to this? Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
jodatu86 said:
Just wondering why people don't run 20 inch rims. Is there an issue with running a larger rim? I wanna run 20's with 37 inch tires, are there down sides to this? Thanks in advance!!!
Nothing its mostly if u wheel Ur rig or not

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
People just don't think 20's should be on a jeep , no problem with wheel size but issue with 37 depending on what you do with it

Here is mine with 37's on 20's

·
Registered
4,785 Posts
Just don't turn it into a low pro mall crawler such as the H2 bling bling's.

That white jeep looks nice. It prob matters as to trails or rock climbing. Bead lock or not.

·
Registered
239 Posts
jodatu86 said:
Probably not the best for wheeling, but do whatever you wish, it's your jeep!

·
Registered
8,554 Posts
Because more sidewall is better for offroading. Most people don't run 37" tires, so 20" wheels are really too much wheel in that they don't leave enough sidewall. For 37s though, 20s would be okay. 18s would be better though, or maybe 17s.

Also, 20" wheels and the tires for them are generally more expensive that smaller wheels and the tires for them (even if the tire is overall the same size).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts