Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone - I’m relatively new to the Wrangler community and need some help (feel kinda stupid with this one). I purchased a 2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S back in November. Now that I’ve had it a few months, I’m ready to start customizing it. I was first looking at rims but want to make sure what I buy will work with my current tire size....the stock rims are 17” diameter and 7.5” wide. The tires that came with it were 245/75/R17. I was hoping (and only for the short run, not forever, believe me) to use the same tires on a a new rim 9” wide to save some money upfront but am a bit concerned the rim will be too wide - will this prove to be the case or would I be ok mounting that size of tire on a rim 9” wide? Any help is appreciated!

·
Super Moderator
15,165 Posts
Hi everyone - I’m relatively new to the Wrangler community and need some help (feel kinda stupid with this one). I purchased a 2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S back in November. Now that I’ve had it a few months, I’m ready to start customizing it. I was first looking at rims but want to make sure what I buy will work with my current tire size....the stock rims are 17” diameter and 7.5” wide. The tires that came with it were 245/75/R17. I was hoping (and only for the short run, not forever, believe me) to use the same tires on a a new rim 9” wide to save some money upfront but am a bit concerned the rim will be too wide - will this prove to be the case or would I be ok mounting that size of tire on a rim 9” wide? Any help is appreciated!
A 245 on a 9" wide wheel is well outside of the specifications for the tire. I don't think I would go that far...

·
Super Moderator
23,237 Posts
A 245 on a 9" wide wheel is well outside of the specifications for the tire. I don't think I would go that far...
it will look like a tuner car :)

·
Registered
583 Posts
I agree, the wheels will be to wide for your stock tires.

Buy the wheels and set them in the corner until you can afford to buy the correct size tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts