Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok where is the best place to get rims and tires around this area. I tried the plastie dip on the rims as a test. Now need black rims and new more aggressive tires. I ordered a set of black wheel lugs with locks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone around the Hamilton/Burlington area know where to get a good price on rims and tires?

·
Registered
920 Posts
You can buy the rims pretty much anywhere online, but I'd stick to a reputable tire shop for the tires. (Not Canadian Tire) They have the equipment and training to install the tires without damaging the rims (unlike CT, where there is potential for rookies doing the install) If you have any issues, the tire shop will do their best to make things right, unlike the blank stare,deer in the headlights look you'd get from CT. Can you tell I'm bitter??? That was years ago, but never again.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I researched different tires/wheels for months and finally pulled the trigger on the combo from Discount Tire. Ended up with 33" Duratracs on 15" MB TKOs for $2000 shipped to my front door. (I'm in burlington)

20140623_105507.jpg

·
Registered
920 Posts
I researched different tires/wheels for months and finally pulled the trigger on the combo from Discount Tire. Ended up with 33" Duratracs on 15" MB TKOs for $2000 shipped to my front door. (I'm in burlington)
Those look great. How much do they stick out past the fenders?

·
Registered
503 Posts
You can buy the rims pretty much anywhere online, but I'd stick to a reputable tire shop for the tires. (Not Canadian Tire) They have the equipment and training to install the tires without damaging the rims (unlike CT, where there is potential for rookies doing the install) If you have any issues, the tire shop will do their best to make things right, unlike the blank stare,deer in the headlights look you'd get from CT. Can you tell I'm bitter??? That was years ago, but never again.
Agree, I would avoid Cambodian Tire as well. I would (did) go to a shop that has the proper equipment and trained personnel to do the job correctly the 1st time but, it's your Jeep.

:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
How was discount tire? Do they ship to canada or did you go to the states to pick them up?

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
Agree, I would avoid Cambodian Tire as well. I would (did) go to a shop that has the proper equipment and trained personnel to do the job correctly the 1st time but, it's your Jeep. :)
It honestly depends on the Crappy Tire, they are all independently owned. We have two in town and I would take mine to one and not the other. The one I would take it too is because I know a few of the techs there and they have more expensive tire machines and balancer then almost every other shop around here.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Could you post some links? is there any rubbing? I wonder if I have seen you in Burlington.
No rubbing, but I also have the teraflex performance leveling kit. I pretty much just looked through this thread to see what different combos looked like, then PM'd discount Tire on this site to figure out pricing.

http://www.wranglerforum.com/f354/33x12-5r15-goodyear-duratracs-installed-pics-and-video-96568.html

Here's a link to 15s that they guarantee fit.

Wheel Products - Discount Tire Direct

·
Registered
503 Posts
It honestly depends on the Crappy Tire, they are all independently owned. We have two in town and I would take mine to one and not the other. The one I would take it too is because I know a few of the techs there and they have more expensive tire machines and balancer then almost every other shop around here.
We have 2 Cambodian Tire's where I live as well as 2 drunk guy's with a tire iron and a large screwdriver that live in a large cardboard shack just outside of town. I'm going with the 2 drunks guy's. They're more consistent.
:drinks:

·
Registered
7 Posts
im originally from Burlington too, but moved out east to nova scotia last fall. Shipping from discount out here was pricy. Im looking at roughly 2400$. So i might ship them to Burlington instead. Out of curiosity, do the stop TPM's fit with new rim and tire options?

·
Premium Member
1,293 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
im originally from Burlington too, but moved out east to nova scotia last fall. Shipping from discount out here was pricy. Im looking at roughly 2400$. So i might ship them to Burlington instead. Out of curiosity, do the stop TPM's fit with new rim and tire options?
4 wheel parts installed my rims and tires. They used the tpms from my factory rims. All worked out fine.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts