Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to forum. Just purchased an 06 tj with stock rims. Have the opportunity to purchase rims and tires for a great price. I under stand I will need to buy adapters for the bolt pattern. Just not sure if the tires and rims will fit under the jeep.

The rims are off a 14 rubicon with 17 inch Goodyear duratec

Thanks

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Welcome to the forum. The JK (2007 - current) will not fit your TJ without wheel adapters. The JKs have a 5 on 5 bolt pattern and the TJs/LJs are 5 on 4.5" circle. I have seen a few TJs with JK wheels on them and they looked nice, I'm just not fond of using wheel spacers/adapters. Many folks do it with good results, just buy high quality units if you go this route.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thx for the help. Getting back into jeeps after 18 years. Back then not a lot of choices for an 1982 cj7 with a 258. Now it's got my head spinning.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
10-4, just realized you were looking at height also. Not sure what diameter tires the 17s are but 31s should fit with no lift, 32s with 2" and 33s with 3" lift. There are a number of ways to accomplish this depending on how you plan on using the Jeep and budget. Welcome back to the Jeep thing. My first was a 75 CJ5 Renegade in the early 80s. Now we have 2 TJs and love them both. If you know the metric designation on the tire, I can convert it to nominal height for you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts