Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need to rebuild my Dana 44 and was looking for some suggestions as to which ring and pinion brand I should go with? With so many choices figured I’d ask for some suggestions here. Thanks to all

·
Registered
4,447 Posts
I just bought Revolution gears through 4lowparts. Still in the break in process so I can't speak to the quality yet. They appear to be made very well as people have said (the reason I got them). They set up well. The only issue I have was with their master install kits. The ones I got had only a few shims (most were the same size) and there were no thin shims. However, I called up Garza and he had a shim pack to me in no time. AWESOME customer service, that's for sure.

·
Knows a couple things...
49,416 Posts
Most brands are fine but the Revolution Gear & Axle R&P were brought out intended to be the very best possible gears available. They are made in a S. Korean foundry with a great reputation. RGA is run by the same guy who made Superior Axle's products so good so whatever he makes, I'm good with. I'm now running his US made axle shafts and am really happy with them though they only have two rock crawling trips on them... one very tough weekend in Johnson Valley two weeks ago and semi-tough in a couple spots this past weekend.

http://www.revolutiongear.com

·
Registered
669 Posts
If Revolution were an option when I bought my gears I would have gone with them. But, I purchased the Nitro gears R&P. They come with Koyo bearings, better than Timken now that Timken went to a cheaper manufacturer.

·
Vendor
6,293 Posts
Revolution Gear & Axle is now at Allen's Offroad. I have still not uploaded product. I have the complete line available.

Let me know if you want anytihng.

Allen

·
Registered
178 Posts
I went with Nitro gears from quadratec they set up good, nice and quiet.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts