Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 1995 Jeep Wrangler Rio Grande (I think). I am new to Jeeps. It has the 4.0L but was told the engine had been changed by a previous owner for unknown reason. Only has 50,000 on motor And is STRONG. The title code is "P" for 2.7L and I am 3rd owner. It has the interior colors of the Rio(from my research. The rear quarter panel stickers are gone except for an out line on the right rear of RIO GRANDE on a tilt. It has Air Condition(i have seen in spec sheets it did not come with air). So not sure what has happened to it beyond 10 years the current owner has owned it. Here's a few pictures. Better ones later this week once i actually pick it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I can see the engine change but the Air Condition is a head scratcher. Maybe the original owner chose this interior on SE. Or that could have been added with the motor. Not sure why the stickers were pealed off either. Does not appear to have been repainted. I will do a deeper look once i get it to the house. I was only concerned with the mechanical part of it. Then started looking into the Jeep models in the last few days.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah. I now see an add on kit for A/C after Googling. So i guess with the air and the 4.0L i can call it a "Sorta Rio" :)

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Still been looking for a PDF or scan or something. May just have to pay for an original. Would like to have one for my glove box too. I do have the repair/service manual on thumb drive.

Thanks for your help. Sure there will be more questions once i get my very mechanically inclined hands on it. The wife says i have to give her a detailed project list each month in advance.. HEHEHE

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts