Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was the proud owner of a new jeep wrangler islander edition. I have been a jeep owner for over 15 years and some idiot women stopped in front of me and wham! Instant death of a jeep. through the air bags and engine fire ,I saw my pride and joy twisted. An angel got his wings muddy that day.:(

But....I went ahead and picked a new 2011 wrangler! Wanted the Call Of Duty but it was too overpriced.

Attachments

·
Administrator
30,782 Posts
Very sad news. I hope everyone is okay.

·
The Bad Guy
23,234 Posts
Hopefully no one was hurt. Don't take offense, but since you hit her from behind, techincally you were the idiot.

·
Registered
4,868 Posts
Too bad about the Islander. Shame to waste a nice machine in the wrecking yard. Seems like everyone's OK from your post.

Rear end crashes aren't typically caused by those in front. Too many other players in the equation: too much skinny pedal, driver not paying attention, driver not realizing he's driving a brick and not a Formula 1 racer.

Good luck with the 2011.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. You can take the insurance money and build yourself a BAD AZZ TJ!:blunt:

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
How did you manage a new Jeep from causing a rear end collision?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the concerns everyone. Actually the person that caused this wreck wasnt myself. Imagine one of the highest travelled interstates and a person slows to a dead stop. My distance went from appropriate to swerving as to not to make a direct head in impact. Also, I wasn't ticketed because the obvious one at fault was not the jeep owner. As to how I got another jeep from this, well I just walked up and bought it. Insurance paid me well. Still, wish it never happened. I really liked my 2010 jeep.

·
I AM THERE4 I JEEP
12,295 Posts
Did the wreck of the 2010 cause you to be upside down on your loan for it?

·
Registered
212 Posts
It didn't look that bad.....most of those scratches will buff right out. Too bad your Jeep got all tore up but on the bright side the new one doesn't have those God-awful stickers on the hood!

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
sheetsd66 said:
It didn't look that bad.....most of those scratches will buff right out. Too bad your Jeep got all tore up but on the bright side the new one doesn't have those God-awful stickers on the hood!
I actually hated those stickers at first. The interior was cool though. The impact caused my frame to twist. It was 27K worth of damage. I wish I could of held onto it for parts. I didn't have a place to store it.

·
Premium Member
488 Posts
Ugh....I love the islanders and seeing yours all twisted up sucks. Poor Tiki Bob :( Glad you're okay though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts