Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys anyone running a RIPP SC on the pentastar?

Im very interested in it and researching all I can find on it..

so far seems everything im reading it looks great..lil expensive but very good..

any feedback would be much appreciated..

:)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
lol ..guess its not as popular as i thought....guess ill post my own review when I get it

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I actually live in staten island and know Ross from way back in the day when he first started,,, very knowledgable guy ,,he used to tune my 3 series BMW.

Im just gona stop in and chat with him in person.

·
Registered
429 Posts
While not jeeps, I have had both centrifugal and positive displacement blowers on a couple vehicles. Both can put up respectable numbers when dialed in but generally speaking the positive displacement blowers give more low RPM torque so with that in mind you need to ask yourself where in the RPM range do you spend most of your time?

·
Registered
378 Posts
While not jeeps, I have had both centrifugal and positive displacement blowers on a couple vehicles. Both can put up respectable numbers when dialed in but generally speaking the positive displacement blowers give more low RPM torque so with that in mind you need to ask yourself where in the RPM range do you spend most of your time?
We have optimized our system to produce noticeable power gains throughout the entire power band.

·
Retired Mod
11,136 Posts
Hey Guys anyone running a RIPP SC on the pentastar?

Im very interested in it and researching all I can find on it..

so far seems everything im reading it looks great..lil expensive but very good..

any feedback would be much appreciated..

:)
If you are really interested in researching, exit out of this thread so that you are on the JK Discussion Forum main board (the one that shows all the threads).

Hit the "Search this forum" link.....but here is the key.

When the link expands, hit advanced search.

That will take you to a new screen.

In the upper left hand corner, type "Ripp" in search by keyword box, and select search titles only in the drop down box (instead of search entire post).

In the middle of the page on the right hand side, JK General Discussion forum will be highlighted. Hit your SHIFT button and highlight JK Tech Forum as well. (So both forum are highlighted)

In the bottom left hand side, select the "Show results as threads" radio button. (Not the posts radio button).

Hit search...

This will pull up every available thread with Ripp in the title in the JK Tech and JK General forums, and they will pull up by thread title.

There are currently 68 threads on between those two forums with RIPP in the title of the thread.

I would try to post the link to my search results for you, but that never seems to work out.

·
Registered
1,401 Posts
you need to ask yourself where in the RPM range do you spend most of your time?
Where you spend most of your time is not necessarily where you need the most performance gains.

For example, for daily driving, you spend most of your time gently accelerating or steadily cruising below 3000 rpm. If you really want to get moving, you push the throttle down and (especially if you have an automatic transmission) downshift such that rpm increases, you get more torque multiplication, and take advantage of the power in the mid/upper rpm range. More torque/power in the mid/upper rpm range will give you the most benefit for daily driving situations where you need to accelerate (passing on the highway/freeway, for example).

For off-road driving, it really depends on what kind of driving you do. Low rpm gains will be helpful in slow, technical crawling situations where you routinely need to reliably/smoothly get moving from a complete stop (or barely moving) over obstacles. Above crawling speeds, you're better off taking advantage of gearing (4LO, stay in lower transmission gear) to keep rpms in the mid range for more and smoother power available on-demand. Using mid-rpm power is gentler on your engine internals that using low rpms in a higher gear and pressing the throttle more (engine has to produce more torque against more slowly moving parts to get the same power as lower gear, mid rpms).

The Pentastar is not a low-rpm torque monster. Don't be afraid of rpms :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts