Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well spring looks like it is here to stay now.

this afternoon I swapped tops, hardtop off, soft top on.

hardest part was removing the electrical connection to the hardtop

everything else easy.

next steps - top down, doors off, maybe even the windshield down :)

love my jeep

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
Just a word of caution: folding the windshield increases your chances of leaks. It doesn't guarantee it but it increases chances

As far as everything else: gotta love spring!!

·
Registered
428 Posts
I haven't had my doors or top on since Thursday, and don't foresee them going back on until Friday!

EDIT: Scratch that, looking like at least Sunday!

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Converted to my fabric doors about a month ago. If I can make it with them until winter I may sell my full doors and get half doors.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I restored everything last night due to rain forecast for the next 4 days. It took about 20 mins by myself. The biggest pain is putting up the soft top over the spider shade, you really need 2 people to lift it over to the header, otherwise it leans down on the opposite side ANC doesn't get over the roll bar. Without the shade I just climb in back am lift it from the middle

Then I woke up in the middle of the night and realized I didn't put the door bolts back on! Oh well , I think the are mostly to prevent people from walking off w doors. I'm going out now to bolt them in :)

·
Premium Member
5,474 Posts
Open tailgate, grab all bows, toss up and over the rollbars. If you're good, you'll snap into the door surrounds on the first try.
I just grab the bottom bow at the back corner and throw her over.

Imagine how stupid I felt when I was grabbing the top bow for the first few month I owned it. :)

·
Premium Member
4,392 Posts
Oh well , I think the are mostly to prevent people from walking off w doors. I'm going out now to bolt them in :)
Don't bother. Most people leave them out all summer. It's possible, but very hard to get the door off if the door is locked and the bolts aren't in. But then again if a person knows to target jeep doors they probably know to bring a T50 torx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts