Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finished installing my Champ Stamp last weekend, was going to go with and Poison Spider Tramp Stamp and plate relocate, but wouldn't be able to incorporate my LED's in the spider logo so i went with the Champ Stamp.(Like the skull n bones better anyway)
The eyes light up when my third brake light is activated.

Still need to cover the holes on my tailgate.. Seen some people using sheet metal plugs they find Lowes or Home Depot but in Canada we have different stuff then the US stores and they have no plugs. They only have steel hole plugs that are chrome. :whistling:

Anyways this LED mod cost me nothing as i had all the parts in my garage! :punk:
View attachment 178434

View attachment 178435

View attachment 178436

Font

Light Darkness Sky Night Space

·
Registered
414 Posts
So, do you all take the chance of not having a flat? Or do you put the spare somewhere else? Not like I have had lots of flats myself but those couple of times I am glad the spare is in the vehicle.

Just curious.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I run a similar setup, I put the spare in the back cargo area. Around town I dont carry a spare, I do carry a small air compressor and tire repair kit with me.

It does suck if your packing gear or camping for several days, the 35" spare takes up alot of room.

Love the idea of the UFO plugs!

Attachments

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah the UFO's are nice but too pricey for a hole plug. Might get them turned on a lathe and buy rubber washers.. we'll see.

So, do you all take the chance of not having a flat? Or do you put the spare somewhere else? Not like I have had lots of flats myself but those couple of times I am glad the spare is in the vehicle.

Just curious.
In the city I can always get a ride home for the tire if needed. It would take me less than 5 minutes to switch back to tire carrier if going on a long trip.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts