Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Suppose I will start a build thread. So far I wouldn't describe anything I've done as a "build" but maybe this will help me keep track of my "mods". I guess I've really returned to my first vehicle love. My first vehicle was a 4x4 truck but I was in love with my buddies CJ think Jesse's girl love but with a car. I borrowed it one weekend and returned it to him after using rubbing compound to fix the paint on his hood, washed and waxed it. Then later that year I helped him throw a small block V8 in it.
I've had a couple of import tuner cars and still have a soft spot for my WRX STi I purchased after my last deployment. Fact is I'm probably much more of a truck guy and am now on my second wrangler in 2 years. I started with a new to me 2012 wrangler sport and once I heard my daughter say jeep and found out we were having a second I just had to get 4 doors. One day I'll end up giving over the keys to my kiddo ( should I have called this EG's Anvil build thread?) but for now, she's daddy's little helper on all the mods and loves to ride.

So far:
Installed two car seats
Installed fuel door with Texas A&M sticker
Painted muffler black with rustoleum high heat black
Rattle can bedliner on the grill
Recon Jack in place of "Jeep" on the grille
DIY rock guard on grill with gutter guard
Grab handles all around
Replaced overhead lights with green LEDs
Plastidip hinges, key holes, and badge
Remove factory stickers
Pixie Decals flags
Combatant Diver bubble and Expert Parachutist wings
Stubby antenna
Charcoal plastidip on Sahara take offs from CL
TrektopNX from CL
Quadratech floormats all the way around
Grey Spiderweb shade
Dead pedal
QTech hitch with plug.
ACE rock rails

HOLY COW! Much more extensive then I thought. I guess I should take pics with each thing now and be more extensive in my "install"descriptions.

Attachments

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Footwell lights changed to green. So many members have done this mod and a couple have done this much more elegantly than I have. My solution was to cut the wires to the LEDs after the plug. I ran an extension wire on the passenger side all the way to the back seat and installed a string of green LEDs under each rear seat. Those only come on with the dome lights. On the 2015 at least there are two separate LEDs under each front footwell. One comes on with the domes the other is dimable with the tree switch and comes on with the lights. I tried multiple methods of tapping into the power and ground. Hated the vampire clips so went with plug connectors. Also learned the best way to strip the wires on the LED strips was to burn off the insulation. I may order some small LEDs and try the soldering method on the board itself.

Attachments

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What LEDs did you go with for under the back seat and how did you mount them?
Amazon strip LEDs. I will try to find an exact link for you. Think 6 strips came in the package. The strips have some sort of sticky material on the back, but it stinks. I just used 3M red double sided (I think it's 20lb) tape over the top of their sticky stuff. I mounted the strips lengthwise from front to back on the underside of the rear seat, again, I'll get a picture up later today. Just stuck them to the metal underside of the seat

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Changed the oil today. I'm an idiot and grabbed the wrong filter. I'm a bigger idiot because I went and tried to install it before I caught the problem and therefore couldn't return it. I'm really glad it's a cartridge filter. Quick drive up to the autozone and picked up the correct filter this time.
Did the five tire rotation as well.
I took the spacers I was given, cleaned them up, rust converter primer that is currently drying. I plan on putting some self etching primer on them and painting them tomorrow. Then I'll be ready to install my first lift!

I'm very happy with how easy the jeep is to work on. Pretty sure the lift won't be a huge problem. Just want to get new shocks as the shocks I was given were reviewed as garbage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts