Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been doin plenty of research on the rk kits an the more I do the harder it gets to decide. I was stuck on the 2.5" max travel kit for a long time but lately I have been lookin into the 2.5" stock mod. I was wondering what would be better for my jeep? It's a 2013 wrangler sport 2 door an auto trans. I plan on doin some muddin an more then likely just moderate trails, but at times I could see myself doin some aggressive trails. Also bein said I'm only gonna be running 33x12.50x15 tires for now. Thanks for any input!

·
Registered
696 Posts
Save your money and get a budget boost if you plan to run 33s. Not a lot of flex needed for mud and I take my BB just about everywhere the guys with the expensive kits go.

http://youtu.be/ZhXJ8AF0zbA

·
Registered
155 Posts
You could always save a little money over the max travel and go with the flex system. A few hundred cheaper and it still comes with front lower control arms

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kjeeper10 said:
Stock mod and you made need front lowers.
You have a 2 door so rear uppers will help the driveshaft angle a bit.

Sure you seen this pic but I have around 4" of height with RK coils,
Do you know the part numbers for which upper an lowers would be needed?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
kjeeper10 said:
Not sure but they are all the same within the different kits.

The rear lowers change that's about it,
Ok was just wondering was looking on quadratec.com an their are 2 different uppers an lowers to choose so wasn't sure as which to get if I got that lift

·
Super Moderator
53,785 Posts
OffRoadCam09 said:
That might have been it lol I didn't pay to much attention the first time jus skimming through
Do the stock mod and front lowers to start. I see more 2 doors having to use front LCA's with the stock mod. This is because they typically see more than 2.5"
If the rear angle is severe, do the uppers.
Weight in bumpers/winch determine ride height also. I have 0 weight and at 4" my rear shaft is pretty steep.
I do have RK uppers but haven't installed yet ....., I guess I am waiting for my DS to blow up :D

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yea ill be adding front an rear bumpers an a winch in time but those will come along down the road jus focused on a lift an tires/wheels right now

·
Registered
142 Posts
I put on the RK max travel kit with a friend of mine a month ago with 35in tires and fox shocks. Best decision I have made in a long time. Ride on and off road has been great. Mine is the unlimited jk so I don't know how much diff yours would be. If I would have known ahead of time the diff in ride from factory to RK, I would not have waited as long as I did.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I'd suggest the RK 2.5 flex system which includes the front lower control arms. This is all you need with a 2.5" lift and will allow you to replace the front DS.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I agree- do the stock mod + front lowers. Simple and effective.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I recently went though this. I settled on the 2.5 stock mod kit and ended up getting roughly +2" in the back and +3" in the front. Like you I mainly deal with mud. These numbers are what you'll get with the newer kits. The older kits before they had 2 and 4 door kits yielded and lot more lift on a 2 door.

I went with the stock mod because to my thinking I can start with that and go as far as I want from there. I honestly don't think you'll need rear LCA's with 2" of lift and at this point for me the front LCA's aren't an issue either but in the future they can be added or new brackets if I decided they are needed.

Northridge 4X4 has a nice little package deal going were you get the RK 2.5 stock mod kit, bump stops front and back, rear coil spring correction wedges, coil spring keepers front and back (I didn't use them) and a set of Bilstein 5100 shocks for $875 shipped. I went with this kit and so far I'm real happy with it.

Now I'm not say'n the stock mod kit is a better choice than a Flex or Max travel kit, it's just a good place to start. If you feel you would benifit from the other parts they can always be added down the road. There is nothing in the stock mod kit that doesn't get used if you upgrade down the road.

·
Super Moderator
16,560 Posts
I agree- do the stock mod + front lowers. Simple and effective.
Agree. And to keep it easy, you can even use the TF sport lowers. Cost effective and super simple install.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts