Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the avg lift gain with no winch and stock bumpers? I know the 2dr jeeps tend to gain alot. Dont remember seeing the numbers for the 4dr's

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kjeeper10 said:
Alot of 4 door guys will go with the 3.5" springs for extra belly clearance.
But yes. 4 doors see close to 2.5" with those springs.
Doesnt going with 3.5" springs cause you to have to change/extend drivelines and such?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a 2.5" lift and was lookin at the rk springs. Just didnt know for a 4dr if it would push it higher than the 3" mark for requiring the more expensive changes.

I do plan to go with an aftermarket front/rear bumper. Just dont know if that'll be the same time i do the lift or not

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Jeep757 said:
Just a 2.5" lift and was lookin at the rk springs. Just didnt know for a 4dr if it would push it higher than the 3" mark for requiring the more expensive changes.

I do plan to go with an aftermarket front/rear bumper. Just dont know if that'll be the same time i do the lift or not
Ok... Yea stick with the 2.5".

481 Posts
I've got the RK 2.5 MaxTravel with Ace Midwidth up front and Ace Rear with Tire Carrier on the back, along with a 60lb Recon winch up front. I'm at 3" with Duratracs version of a 35. Some lift, some tire. I have been fully articulated and have not yet hit my drive shaft on the exhaust cross over. Thinking Tom Woods front drive shaft. Rear looks fine.

·
Registered
6,140 Posts
When I had my RK 2.5 Max Travel installed, I got 4" front, 2.5" rear. I have factory bumpers.

Note: I had a JKU Sport, so had shorter springs compared to a JKU Rubi.

RK springs run tall. Everyone I talked to about getting this lift recommended replacing the front driveshaft. I did replace it when the lift was installed.

3.5" would be suggested if you want to run 35" tires or larger.

I do also recommend either relocating the evap, or moving the skid (2012+) to the left a bit. Shortly after getting my lift, while wheeling, the rear driveshaft contacted the evap skid and tore the boot. I've been driving with it torn for about 9 months and no issues. I would recommend preventing this from happening though.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts