Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been looking at this TB for the front with my RK 3.5 coils, which should really net me about 4.5" up front. RK says it should only be used up to 4" before a drag link flip is required.

Has anyone used this TB with these coils or a lift over 4", and without a drag link flip?

·
Super Moderator
53,757 Posts
I know @dvn4life1972 has a similar setup and he successfully uses the SL TB without a drag link flip. Is that because the SL TB has more adjustment?
You would install steering correction to fix bump steer/handling issues. Part of the kit is the raised track bar bracket which centers the axle. Without one Pat is using a TB to center the axle.
I usually tell people to install the coils and drive the jeep before installing a steering kit. If you want to run a TB you can.

·
Commercial Member
2,223 Posts
I was prepared to go with a DL flip, but wanted to see how it drive first. Not the slightest bit of bumpsteer or issues on mine. I know that it does vary from Jeep to Jeep even when using same components. So long as your geometry looks good, then it'll be okay (TB and DL running parallel, tracking in the same plane or extremely close to the same plane).

1 - 7 of 7 Posts