Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi folks, looking for some advice on what to choose. I have a 2013 JKUR and tow trailers in the summer, just under the max weight 2500 to 3200 depending on the trailer. Want to give myself a better ride and a little height, I don't do an rock crawling, just service roads and mild playing.

I was leaning toward the Rancho 2in Sport Suspension System as a kit but with the advertised 2"front and 3/4 rear I'm thinking my rake will be over corrected and towing a trailer will put my nose too high.

Now looking at building my own lift with the Rock Krawler 1.5" springs all around and paired with Fox 2.0 shocks (1.5-3"). Not sure if this will require Geometry correction brackets or not. I see some kits advertised with disconnects but my Rubicon stock disconnect should still be fine no?

I've done a bunch of reading on the forum and think I'm on the right track but some educated second thought would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
250 Posts
RK 2 1/2. Used a 1" spacer in the front and wedges in the rear. Trailers well with stock rubi shocks and I have put it to the limit weight wise. Probably switching out to rancho 9000s when it's time

Attachments

·
Premium Member
951 Posts
You will not need geometry brackets with the 1.5” coils nor disconnects but you will want longe sway bar links.

·
Super Moderator
23,791 Posts
I had a 1.5 RK frankenlift on my 2014 jkur and went the gamut on shocks ie rancho 7000MT, Rancho 5000X and bilstein 5100. you won't need anything geometry wise as the you won't get a ton of lift with the 1.5 in fact I would recommend going 2.5. Here is what it will look like.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts