1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to get a lift for my JKUR and have narrowed down to these 2 kits:

- TeraFlex 3" lift with 8 control arms and TF shocks ~$2200

or

- Rock Krawler 2.5" X Factor lift with 8 control arms and Bilstein 5100 shocks ~2000

The RK kit also comes with the track bars, I would have to pay additional money for the TF track bar (~$250).

Is the TF lift worth the extra cost or is the RK kit just as good?

I'm leaning towards the RK kit and use the difference in savings for other mods. I'm a big believer of doing it right the first time but am curious if I would regret going with RK instead of TF.

I plan to off-road once every 2 months on easy-moderate trails. I also plan to put 35" tires on the JK as well.

I'm not very technical when it comes to suspensions so any feedback from the gurus would be appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Both are quality and perform well. The edge is in street ride comfort which I would give to TF. I own the RC 2.5 my neighbor owns the TF 2.5 and his JKU rides softer than mine( same tires and air settings ). Although mine corners better:). Off road at slower speeds its to even to really tell.

IMHO go for the kit that has everything included, and use the extra for better shocks.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Hivedr. Good to know the TF rides softer. What kind of shocks are you running with your kit?

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Mike and I both run the TeraFlex 2.5' lift with Rancho 9000XL shocks. We love the ride!

·
Registered
754 Posts
Im running the RK 2.5 and love it! I run it both on and off road, but the reality is that you cant go wrong with either

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Mike and I both run the TeraFlex 2.5' lift with Rancho 9000XL shocks. We love the ride!
Did you upgrade the track bar or just did the 2.5 lift and call it a day?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im running the RK 2.5 and love it! I run it both on and off road, but the reality is that you cant go wrong with either
Curious to know if you upgraded the steering stabilizer? I read someone mentioning it was needed.

·
Build Thread Queen
13,193 Posts
Did you upgrade the track bar or just did the 2.5 lift and call it a day?
We just did the lift. Mike's has been lifted for about sixteen months with no issues. Mine has only been four months, but I don't have any issues either.

:)

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good to know..reading your build thread now. Thanks for the feedback.

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Thanks Hivedr. Good to know the TF rides softer. What kind of shocks are you running with your kit?
I upgraded from Bilstein 5100 to Fox shocks. But there are others good ones just my personal preference. The Fox do ride better with the 2.5 RC system than the Bilsteins.

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
We just did the lift. Mike's has been lifted for about sixteen months with no issues. Mine has only been four months, but I don't have any issues either.

:)
Our 2.5 TF and Rancho 9000s have been in place for about 15 k miles and have performed flawlessly. On and off road. The combination is something that just clicks. Nothing else needed and have close to a three inch lift (no winch) and fairly heavy PS bumpers.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
I agree with the above. Both are very solid choices. For best all around ride with good performance I would choose the TF. If you want some extra performance with a slightly firmer ride the the RK. Performance alone it is hard to beat RK.

Good to see you have the budget for all the CAs. It is great to have all them in either case. :thumb:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Curious to know if you upgraded the steering stabilizer? I read someone mentioning it was needed.
I did upgrade the SS, but not because it was required. I smashed mine wheeling and it was slightly bent. You can definitely use the stock SS, and if oh feel necessary upgrade from there.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I upgraded from Bilstein 5100 to Fox shocks. But there are others good ones just my personal preference. The Fox do ride better with the 2.5 RC system than the Bilsteins.
Good to know. Thanks!

Our 2.5 TF and Rancho 9000s have been in place for about 15 k miles and have performed flawlessly. On and off road. The combination is something that just clicks. Nothing else needed and have close to a three inch lift (no winch) and fairly heavy PS bumpers.
Looks like there's a rebate on the Rancho's. Timing couldn't any better. Appreciate your feedback.

I agree with the above. Both are very solid choices. For best all around ride with good performance I would choose the TF. If you want some extra performance with a slightly firmer ride the the RK. Performance alone it is hard to beat RK.

Good to see you have the budget for all the CAs. It is great to have all them in either case. :thumb:
I'm a little over budget but I guess you only live once. Buy once, cry one...:)

I did upgrade the SS, but not because it was required. I smashed mine wheeling and it was slightly bent. You can definitely use the stock SS, and if oh feel necessary upgrade from there.
Solid advice, I'll take it! :thumb:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts