Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been running the RK 3.5 X-factor for almost 2 years now. recently my rear upper control arm keeps twisting and the arm is actually rubbing on my rear tire. I loosened the jam nuts and turned the arm back inwards and re tightened but it has occurred again. has anyone experienced this running this kit?

·
Registered
907 Posts
Has the axle shifted somehow?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im running stock rims with 1.5" spacers. I have been running them since the beginning and never had an issue until recently. I have seen some threads saying I need to run aftermarket rims with at least 4.5" backspacing but as this wsnt an issue previously I dunno if that's the specific reason

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts
im running stock rims with 1.5" spacers. I have been running them since the beginning and never had an issue until recently. I have seen some threads saying I need to run aftermarket rims with at least 4.5" backspacing but as this wsnt an issue previously I dunno if that's the specific reason
You have 4.75 which should be fine.
Are your joints centered with the bend facing in ?

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
No, my joints are a at an angle and the bend is facing down with the side of the bend rubbing against the sidewall. So it seems like I need to loosen the jam nuts and re adjust the whole shaft of the control arm. I would take a pic but im at work and the jeep is at home

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I am having issues with my upper rear arms too, mine inward toward the frame and away from the tire, I don't have any rubbing that I can tell but the joints are nowhere being straight, is the bend in the arm supposed to come up to mimic the lower, thanks in advance..

·
Registered
452 Posts
I am having issues with my upper rear arms too, mine inward toward the frame and away from the tire, I don't have any rubbing that I can tell but the joints are nowhere being straight, is the bend in the arm supposed to come up to mimic the lower, thanks in advance..
The bend in the arm is intended to point in, towards the frame for clearance. The joints, (double krawlers) will lean over one way but will still have more than enough misalignment for suspension travel/flex.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts