Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Want to go from my current 2 1/2" AEV springs and Bilstein 5100's to a 4" setup on my 13 JKUR. I have RK CA's all around, 1310 cv driveshafts, lots of Poison Spyder bumpers/ rails etc and the Synergy skids from tank to engine. I also have Synergy tie rod, drag link and front track bar.

I love both product lines but who knows how the RK triple rate coils feel vs the Synergy springs?

On a separate but related note, how do the RK shocks vs Fox feel? I am trying the new Rancho 5K's at Moab in two weeks.

Experienced opinions please. I want to do this once.

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
See, that's my big problem (other than my OCD demanding I research this to H3!!).

Both are great companies with wonderful customer service. I just know so little about springs and shocks that perhaps I am overthinking this. Maybe I should just figure out which spring setup will net the 4" I want and go with that spring's matched shocks....

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yup, the CA's are staying RK - The flex is outstanding and they are STURDY! My front LCA frame side bushings are wearing after 20K and I had to buy the old bushings cause the new ones (pictured) are not yet in production :-(

Funny though, Synergy is releasing a similar product to replace their clevite bushings. HMMMM

·
Super Moderator
53,757 Posts
Yup, the CA's are staying RK - The flex is outstanding and they are STURDY! My front LCA frame side bushings are wearing after 20K and I had to buy the old bushings cause the new ones (pictured) are not yet in production :-( Funny though, Synergy is releasing a similar product to replace their clevite bushings. HMMMM
Yep I know. Just pressed in the new bushings and flipped a set.
The Dual Durometer bushings are nothing like the new RK joints. The synergy bushings seem kinda stiff. The RK joints have a ball like a true spherical joint but enclosed in soft rubber .. Like stock. I expect these bushings to last a long time.

I believe all RK arms shipped now have the new bushings.

Attachments

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not yet, I tried to get them instead of replacing the old type bushings, but J at RK (and the other two J's at Krawl) said they weren't ready

·
Registered
727 Posts
So the rk are adopting a mc like joint? I just went to the mc front lca's mainly because of the joint (and I like the coating tech over traditional powdercoat/paint).

·
Super Moderator
53,757 Posts
So the rk are adopting a mc like joint? I just went to the mc front lca's mainly because of the joint (and I like the coating tech over traditional powdercoat/paint).
No .. Think Johnny joint (spherical ball joint) but instead of hard plastic halves (races). The halves are soft Rubber and fully enclose the ball. The softer rubber allows them to flex like a spherical joint... RK calls them a hybrid,

·
Registered
727 Posts
Displaying my ignorance here, but isn't that what the metalcloak is? It's got the metal ball with soft rubber bonded to it instead of the plastic races.

·
Super Moderator
53,757 Posts

·
Registered
970 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So, who's springs and shocks fit my needs the best? Or have I just created another Chevy vs Ford thread?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Add to you list of springs Metalcloak 3.5. Should net you 4" and I really like the dual rate springs. I may be biased. See it's Ford, Chevy, and Ram

1 - 14 of 14 Posts