Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Living in Wisconsin I'm concerned with road salt eating my ride over time. Anybody have any advice for an underbody coating on something with 30,000 miles on it (bought it used)?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I use fluid film. look it up, i reapply it each fall myself. There are some undercoating businesses that will spray it or something like it for you professionally. My jeeps are 19 and 18 years old and for the most part rust free even in the Massachusetts rust zone.

·
Registered
817 Posts
Fluid film if you must drive it in the winter. Just be careful not to power wash it off.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I use fluid film. look it up, i reapply it each fall myself. There are some undercoating businesses that will spray it or something like it for you professionally. My jeeps are 19 and 18 years old and for the most part rust free even in the Massachusetts rust zone.
If there is already some minor corrosion present, do you do any prep work before you spray?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I do have some light surface rust in spots, in the spring i wire wheel, rust converter spray primer and topcoat , i spend about a day each jeep doing that, then as i said each fall i use fluid film, no prep necessary. Might seem like a lot of work but its kind of a zen thing for me and really pays off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts