Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
So today, I was going down some dirt path I found next to the highway, that goes down and undre the bridges (Divided highway)

There was plently of mud puddles, sand and rocks. I bypassed the Mudpuddle because I was by myself and didn't want to riskc getting stuck. When I can find a friend to go with me, I want to try to crawl over the rocks though.

I read some articals I found online about rock crawling, but I wanted to post here and see if I can get a few more tips.

With the exception of my JVC Nav head unit, and Locking gas cap I'm bone stock.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
No rocks in Forida but I did real good in Moab first time on the rocks. Use common sense and good judgement as to what you should tackle. Start small and work up to what your rig can comfortably handle. Look for tire marks on the rocks and see where others have safely gone.
I was just at a terrain park a month ago and decided to go on a culvert pipe obsticle and flattened my tail pipe coming off of one, so now I know that anything much more difficult than the height of those concrete pipes is about my limit....or not! :D
A 2'' lift would certainly help. front swaybar quick disconnects help tremendously, it's a good investment for under $150, and some bigger tires wouldnt hurt if you have the $$.
Good luck have fun.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is the rock garden that I want to eventually crawl accross. Probably best to head off and go left towards the other vehicals on the other side.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was :) I crawled accross those rocks last weekend. A Friend of mine and I went and we walked it first and found our path through.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts