Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there anyone running these differentials ? If so trying to figure out the ground clearance differance between the rock jock and standard dana 44 I almost purchased the 44 but run across the G2 rock jock and cannot find any info on ground clearance I believe I want to run a 37" tire if ground clearance is pretty close to a dana 44 if there not much of a differance then I guess I'll stick with 35's my main concern is the price of the front diff once ready to swap it out

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
I considered the Rock Jock 60 rear, but ended up with a 8.8. A couple issues came up for me. One, the housing yoke end is really long making for a very short DS (our DS are already short) I felt I'd have to do a rear stretch and super short SYE to get enough DS. The second was the price, I just couldn't justify the extra price for my tire size and type of wheeling. It is a beautiful axle though.

The 8.8, especially with a Yukon e-clip eliminator and cromo's is much stronger than the D44 but not as strong as the D60.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Didn't think about DS length lol o just can't win guess I'll have to research stretching it b4 anything else thx saved me a headache

1 - 3 of 3 Posts