Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 903 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed this yet? Looking to see if it nets 2.5 on a 2 door. Pics are very welcome!

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
As long as you don't have armor I read it will net 1" over advertised.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So if I plan to add armor it will not work? Thought that was with a bb mainly. Bummer

·
Registered
4,000 Posts
From what I've read it'll be 1.5 after armor. I may have gotten that confused with the spring kits though. Email them, they're very nice and super quick in responding.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
any idea why the 1.5 lift is more $ than its 2.5 inch equivalent? looks like the 1.5 will clear the 35s

·
Registered
627 Posts
The 1.5 kit has the new triple rate springs while I have to see pricing on he 2.5 or 3.5 kit with the new springs.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
oh, is that still a progressive spring? If not what is the difference? Im looking at this or the AEV 2.5 lift and trying to determine which to choose.

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
The triple rate has 3 different spring rates that are activated as a bigger load is applied to the spring. The progressive coils spring rate (stiffer) increases constantly as the load increases.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The triple rate has 3 different spring rates that are activated as a bigger load is applied to the spring. The progressive coils spring rate (stiffer) increases constantly as the load increases.
So does that explain or mean the triple rate will be better ride on road? less effective off?

·
Registered
5,701 Posts
In theory it means that the AEV will have a continuously smoother ride and better handling since it adjusts continuously to driving conditions.

In practice it depends on how both coils are tuned: performance vs ride. AEV does a great job of balancing both and IMO it will be very challenging to beat their road handling. I've never ridden on a Jeep with RK triple rate coils but their products in general are some of the best.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good info man thank you. I'm really stuck between aev and rk now. The new 1.5 lifts look amazing with rk. Gotta decide soon the end of month and I'm pulling the trigger

·
Registered
627 Posts
Don't forget Northridge (I believe) has the RK on sale. This is tempting but I just don't think I am ready to start voiding my warranty yet.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Bout two weeks away from my lift purchase and the 1.5 rk expedition lift kit sold by north ridge with shocks and aev dual sport 2.5 are my finalists. PLEASE help me decide which is the best option. I want great on and off road performance as well as firing 35s. I want this to be as complete a lift as i can get and also would like to avoid paying for unneeded stuff. Thanks again for any feedback.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Call RK and speak with their service Rep Jason. Hopefully he is still there to inquire more with this lift. I can't speak to this lift but with the 3.5 inch x factor there was initially more lift than advertised. This was explained by the rep stating they put more lift into the system so when the bumpers, skids etc are added and the suspension settles you get the advertised lift height. But please call them and verify that is true with this lift.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Don't forget Northridge (I believe) has the RK on sale. This is tempting but I just don't think I am ready to start voiding my warranty yet.

Jeep has to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt, in court that the lift or anything you have done to the vehicle caused the warranty failure.

We have the lifetime warranty on the vehicle and have had it back for several things not related to the lift/suspension and have had no trouble with our local Jeep service. Now, if I was to tear up an axle, there might be some issues as nothing IN or ON the axles are stock but I wouldn't take it back to them for that. I more so got the lifetime for the trans (which is manufacturer included for 09) transfer case, motor and onboard electronics. So far its been back for the transfer case linkage broken, and the clock spring with no problems from the dealer.

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Call RK and speak with their service Rep Jason. Hopefully he is still there to inquire more with this lift. I can't speak to this lift but with the 3.5 inch x factor there was initially more lift than advertised. This was explained by the rep stating they put more lift into the system so when the bumpers, skids etc are added and the suspension settles you get the advertised lift height. But please call them and verify that is true with this lift.
I didn't speak to Jason but Shaun was very helpful and answered my questions. according to him this lift will give me 2.5" of actual lift and would work with a 35 just right he also said due to the triple rate coils both the road ride and sagging due to weight would not be an issue. Now if I can just justify spending all that $$$$. :jawdrop:

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Correct me if am wrong but doesn't the RK 1.5 kit come with adjustable control arms as well. Thought I saw that on their site.

1 - 20 of 903 Posts