Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just installed the rock krawler 2.5 flex with billstein shocks on my rubicon. Also added the exhaust spacer and proper bump stops. I think I gained 3 in the front and 2.5 in the back. Rides well on the highway and a bit stiffer. Pic for anyone interested in this lift.

image-1655257817.jpg

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I just did this same kit this weekend but with the Rancho 9000xl's. It definitely sits higher and it looks like it'll be an easy upgrade to the max travel.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Just installed the rock krawler 2.5 flex with billstein shocks on my rubicon. Also added the exhaust spacer and proper bump stops. I think I gained 3 in the front and 2.5 in the back. Rides well on the highway and a bit stiffer. Pic for anyone interested in this lift.

View attachment 179722
I did the same lift few months ago but did not replace bump stops as dealer previously replaced my wheels for 35s and mentioned that bump stops were replaced by him then. I am not so sure of that now. Do you know what you had and what you replaced with in regards to bump stops?I think I have 2 inches but would have to double check that.
Thanks

·
Registered
522 Posts
Very nice. I have the same kit sitting at home waiting to be installed. Did you do it yourself? I've read the instructions several times and feel like I have a handle on it. Were there any unexpected challenges or any pointers that you could share?

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
And how do you like the shocks ?
Awesome. Set them to 3 right off the bat and they were real soft. Bumped them up to 5 and now they ride near to stock.

Very nice. I have the same kit sitting at home waiting to be installed. Did you do it yourself? I've read the instructions several times and feel like I have a handle on it. Were there any unexpected challenges or any pointers that you could share?
OP might have a different experience but the two hardest things for me were the top bolt on the shock on the front driver's side and torquing the specified bolts to 200 ft/lb without a lift.

My friend's dad is a welder by trade so he was on hand to do the bracket on the rear.

Edit: And I don't know if it mentioned it in the instructions or not, but you'll have to recenter your steering wheel. I did mine without taking it to the dealer or the AEV procal by having someone sit inside with the wheels straight and adjusting the bracket. It wook two times to get it mostly straight. I'm going to order the procal though and do it that way.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Six said:
Awesome. Set them to 3 right off the bat and they were real soft. Bumped them up to 5 and now they ride near to stock.

OP might have a different experience but the two hardest things for me were the top bolt on the shock on the front driver's side and torquing the specified bolts to 200 ft/lb without a lift.

My friend's dad is a welder by trade so he was on hand to do the bracket on the rear.

Edit: And I don't know if it mentioned it in the instructions or not, but you'll have to recenter your steering wheel. I did mine without taking it to the dealer or the AEV procal by having someone sit inside with the wheels straight and adjusting the bracket. It wook two times to get it mostly straight. I'm going to order the procal though and do it that way.
The only thing the Procal does is "assist" in centering the steering.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Sorry for the late response. I had it installed at Dessert Fab in Arizona. Been out here for work for the past 2 months so I decided to treat myself with a lift.

I like the bilstein's... they are definitely "rougher" than stock, but I actually like the feel of it better. I don't know how they will feel on a long highway drive. I'll find out on my way back to San Diego (300+ miles).

I honestly did not think a 2.5 inch lift would make such a big difference but its a whole new world when its lifted.

Happy with the purchase as this is my daily driver and at 80+ mph on the highway, it feels better than stock even though it sits higher.

Now to put on the 35's! :)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just did this same kit this weekend but with the Rancho 9000xl's. It definitely sits higher and it looks like it'll be an easy upgrade to the max travel.
I know what you mean... I feel the same way and feel this is a good start.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts