Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am torn between the Rock Krawler 2.5" Max Travel and the Metalcloak 2.5" Duroflex System. MC and RK both claim the most amount of misalignment capabilities. There is no question about RK being a great system. I have read that the MC system is a bit nicer on road than the RK. RK has a much better written warranty, but MC say that they are rewriting their warranty now (plus I've not read anything negative as far as standing behind their product). Pricing is about the same once you had the additional control arms to the RK. Both companies say that I don't have to change the driveshaft (surprises me with all that flex). Both systems are easily upgradeable to 3.5". Any advice/feedback would be appreciated.

·
Banned
3,287 Posts
Can't go wrong with either company. The majority of the crowd has RK. A few guys running MC but they speak pretty highly about them. Like KJ said, there isn't enough people running MC's kits. Partly why you haven't seen any negatives about a company's suspension is because they haven't been out as long...

MC came out with their kits probably in 2011.

·
Banned
3,287 Posts
I would ask yourself why you want to have a suspension. What are your goals you want to achieve? What is your said budget?

Even though, these kits claim no drive shaft issues, you still have to assume, if you're disconnecting your sway bar links, that your drive shaft will have some sort of interference and could potentially cause or lead to premature failure.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I can't speak for the MC suspension but one thing to keep in mind with regard to the drive shaft is that clearing the exhaust is one thing and pinching the rubber seal is another thing.

You might not need a drive shaft to clear the exhaust but it is just a matter of time before the drive shaft will fail.

Just keep that in mind.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I already have in my budget for new drive shafts. Would I normally need just a front drive shaft with these kits or both front and rear.

I can't speak for the MC suspension but one thing to keep in mind with regard to the drive shaft is that clearing the exhaust is one thing and pinching the rubber seal is another thing.

You might not need a drive shaft to clear the exhaust but it is just a matter of time before the drive shaft will fail.

Just keep that in mind.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
I would go with the MetalCloak, especially if it had a smoother ride on pavement. Off-road, I think both will be more than enough and very capable.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
If I had the cashola I would give the full metalcloak a shot. The tech looks great and everyone wants more reviews. Do it!

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
I've been considering the Rock Krawler Max Travel, but this duroflex is interesting stuff. They do have a "Lite" Change up where instead of the gnarly 6 pack shocks you get Old Man Emu shocks that are apparently valved for this kit.

·
Super Moderator
53,758 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
if it is a pre 2012 model, I don't know. I didn't looked into them. On the 2 door 2012 / 2013 models, I will do both front and back and if it is a 4 door only the front.

I hope this help you. :)

I already have in my budget for new drive shafts. Would I normally need just a front drive shaft with these kits or both front and rear.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Doing a search for something different and ran into this post.

To the OP, what did you finish up with?

I did the RK 2.5" Flex System and on my first flex outing, I tore the front driveshaft rubber boot. Great suspension for DD and great for the trails.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
There are a lot of misconceptions when it comes to any lift that replaces the arms. The duroflex arms are nice but really don't provide any more flex than any other arm. The genius in their design to gain flex comes not from the 6 pack shocks or the duroflex joints, but from something else...that can be added to any lift really...the prize of a cost effective mod goes out to whoever can think of what it is.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts