Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone on here have this lift kit? How's it working out for you? I understand you need to buy the shocks separately, but do you also need to replace the front drive shaft? I've read up a bit and it seems very inconsistent.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
my stock mod 2.5" with 37's and flat flares

i also added 1" spacers to the front to level it out a bit.

still running the stock front driveshaft, although, the clamp on the cv joint boot did break off somehow (not really hurting anything yet).

i bought a set of bilstein 5100 shocks for it, but they were too short, so i had to add extenders to the rear shocks. i went with ones shorter than RK recommends based on how much lift i "should" have gotten. well, i ended up with roughly 4" of lift from a 2.5" lift on a jku! go with the lengths that RK recommends and you will be fine.

i did add control arm drop brackets to the front to get some castor back. handles MUCH better with the brackets.

you will also need to do something with the brake lines. either get extended lines, or add brackets to the rear and undo the front line clamp on the axle to give some slack.

Reactions: sickbubblegum

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
this was the lift with stock tires, steel front bumper and 12000lb winch.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I'll let you know after the weekend... I'll be attempting to install the 2.5 flex kit on my 2 door... after months of research and questions I pulled the trigger

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
The RK 2.5 Stock Mod is a builders kit, it is not complete. You must add shocks, bump stops, caster correction, exhaust spacers and brake line brackets.

It's a great starting point...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
my stock mod 2.5" with 37's and flat flares

i also added 1" spacers to the front to level it out a bit.

still running the stock front driveshaft, although, the clamp on the cv joint boot did break off somehow (not really hurting anything yet).

i bought a set of bilstein 5100 shocks for it, but they were too short, so i had to add extenders to the rear shocks. i went with ones shorter than RK recommends based on how much lift i "should" have gotten. well, i ended up with roughly 4" of lift from a 2.5" lift on a jku! go with the lengths that RK recommends and you will be fine.

i did add control arm drop brackets to the front to get some castor back. handles MUCH better with the brackets.

you will also need to do something with the brake lines. either get extended lines, or add brackets to the rear and undo the front line clamp on the axle to give some slack.
Almost 4 inches is a big difference. Holy cow! Thanks for all the input! :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The RK 2.5 Stock Mod is a builders kit, it is not complete. You must add shocks, bump stops, caster correction, exhaust spacers and brake line brackets.

It's a great starting point...
My current jeep is a toad for my motorhome so I can't do too much, which is why I'm looking at it. The lift makes the motorhome not need a drop hitch, and also gives me some play space for off roading. I can't build another beast due to weight limitations so I'm looking for something I can have a little fun with without breaking my bank and limits.

·
Super Moderator
16,389 Posts
My current jeep is a toad for my motorhome so I can't do too much, which is why I'm looking at it. The lift makes the motorhome not need a drop hitch, and also gives me some play space for off roading. I can't build another beast due to weight limitations so I'm looking for something I can have a little fun with without breaking my bank and limits.

I mean that it's a great starting point for a lift, but you must add the other items in my post to build it properly.

·
Premium Member
1,061 Posts
As @Pressurized said, it's a great starter lift that needs to be rounded out for the initial install. It's also easily upgradable to enhance bit-by-bit later if you wish. I started w/ this same lift and am now up to the "x-factor" level through a variety of changes over time.

You won't be disappointed - its a great lift!

·
Registered
2,187 Posts
also, dont forget to add longer rear swaybar links. measure how long you need them after the lift is installed to get the right length.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I mean that it's a great starting point for a lift, but you must add the other items in my post to build it properly.
Ahhh gotcha. Thanks. My last jeep got the 5.5 long arm right off the bat, so I've never looked at slowly building up before lol... sucks now that $$ is tight lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts