Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for new front lower control arms for my TJ because the PO had Skyjacker control arms installed and the crap bushings are loose causing a shimmy in the steering wheel.

I know Metalcloak and Currie are the go-to brands, but they're pricey. I found Rock Krawler's for a good price, and they seem to be of good quality, just wanted to know if anyone has any personal experience. How's the ride quality/offroad flex? Is there a large difference between the brands that make it worth the extra money? Any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
6,116 Posts
I don't think you can go wrong with any of the brands listed. All 3 are regarded as top tier quality.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So from what it sounds like, I won't regret purchasing Rock Krawler arms in a year or two?

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Personally I would avoid the Heim type end (especially for a street Jeep if it is metal on metal) and the elastometric flex end. I would reconsider either Currie JJs (Savvy/Currie) or the MC elastometric types. Maybe look at the Rokmen also.

I think there is a poly insert in the type being discussed but it is not of a large area. If I am wrong, so be it.

J

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Personally I would avoid the Heim type end (especially for a street Jeep if it is metal on metal) and the elastometric flex end. I would reconsider either Currie JJs (Savvy/Currie) or the MC elastometric types. Maybe look at the Rokmen also. I think there is a poly insert in the type being discussed but it is not of a large area. If I am wrong, so be it. J
Designed similarly to a JJ. Even if a arm did have a heim, a rubber joint on the other end should absorb NVH. The new RK flex joint is essentially another spherical joint but the ball is encased in softer rubber (like MC's joint) well not really but sorta :)

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
Designed similarly to a JJ. Even if a arm did have a heim, a rubber joint on the other end should absorb NVH. The new RK flex joint is essentially another spherical joint but the ball is encased in softer rubber (like MC's joint) well not really but sorta :)

I am not dismissing what you say. I recall looking at the type and I did a Google search for images just now. There is a photo showing the type discussed aside a JJ. The JJ appears much larger. Again, if I am wrong so be it.

Is the ball diameter the same as a JJ? I am asking.

J

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Personally I would avoid the Heim type end (especially for a street Jeep if it is metal on metal) and the elastometric flex end. I would reconsider either Currie JJs (Savvy/Currie) or the MC elastometric types. Maybe look at the Rokmen also.

I think there is a poly insert in the type being discussed but it is not of a large area. If I am wrong, so be it.

J
X2, I had a set of arms that had a heim on one end. They were terrible.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts