Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered a complete set for 2013 JKU and I have a couple of questions.

1) When setting the length what is the best measuring tool to use?
2) Should I or do I need to replace the mounting hardware?
3) I am currently running geometry correction brackets. Do I still need these or should I just remove them?

Thanks...

·
Vendor
6,293 Posts
I have ordered a complete set for 2013 JKU and I have a couple of questions.

1) When setting the length what is the best measuring tool to use?
2) Should I or do I need to replace the mounting hardware?
3) I am currently running geometry correction brackets. Do I still need these or should I just remove them?

Thanks...
1) std tape: start with the joints center in their respective sockets. Also, start on the number one for more accurate measurement (don't forget to compensate for where you start). The ends of tapes are not always tight and can be off by as much as 3/16"

2) If you have the ability too (funds and availability), or they are rusty, then yes.

3) You would not need them.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I have RK control arms and use a standard tape measure to measure center of the bolt hole, to other center of bolt hole. I replaced my OEM bolts for the Northridge Grade 8 kit, it's a recommended addition, but not required. I would definitely remove the geometry correction brackets, in fact, I think you have to in order to mount the new arms. What size lift do you have? Good luck!

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have RK control arms and use a standard tape measure to measure center of the bolt hole, to other center of bolt hole. I replaced my OEM bolts for the Northridge Grade 8 kit, it's a recommended addition, but not required. I would definitely remove the geometry correction brackets, in fact, I think you have to in order to mount the new arms. What size lift do you have? Good luck!
Probably should not have tossed that heat shield I removed when installing the correction brackets. I am currently at 4" for lift but have set of Teraflex 3" coil springs on order.

Thanks for the info...

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
measure from outside edge to outside edge of the holes. No need to try and find center.
If the joints are not center take the average from 2 sides.

Like I said on JKO. A trick is to Center the joints, pair the arms together and run bolts through the joints.
Sorry, not going to win a Emmy here lol
( front lowers set to 23 1/8)
http://s1031.photobucket.com/user/k...8-43F8-A20A-ABFD24800F77_zps2waqkiph.mp4.html

Set using RK's instructions, install leaving jam nuts loose, at ride height get your caster/pinion measurements. Adjust if necessary

Can the brackets, they can't be used with RK arms due to the lengths.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
measure from outside edge to outside edge of the holes. No need to try and find center.
If the joints are not center take the average from 2 sides.

Like I said on JKO. A trick is to Center the joints, pair the arms together and run bolts through the joints.
Sorry, not going to win a Emmy here lol
( front lowers set to 23 1/8)
69770CE3-9678-43F8-A20A-ABFD24800F77_zps2waqkiph.mp4 Video by kenjeeper10 | Photobucket

Set using RK's instructions, install leaving jam nuts loose, at ride height get your caster/pinion measurements. Adjust if necessary

Can the brackets, they can't be used with RK arms due to the lengths.
Thanks for the link to the video.

·
Super Moderator
53,784 Posts
Thanks for the link to the video.
Think I have a shot at a Emmy ? Rofl

The rear uppers where harder to match. This is what I did.
Position the bend up and center the joints. Set your lengths and get 2 bolts to slide through.
Now take the bend and rotate in each direction flat to the ground. The joints will swivel but the bolts should still slide in/out easily.
If you measure inside the bend you'll read the same measurements.
Mine ended up at 18 5/8

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Think I have a shot at a Emmy ? Rofl

The rear uppers where harder to match. This is what I did.
Position the bend up and center the joints. Set your lengths and get 2 bolts to slide through.
Now take the bend and rotate in each direction flat to the ground. The joints will swivel but the bolts should still slide in/out easily.
If you measure inside the bend you'll read the same measurements.
Mine ended up at 18 5/8
Thanks for the info...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts