Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok. I got the jk 5.5 long arm from rock krawler...my question is:
What to do with the drag link ?
It's suppose to reuse the end at the pitman arm but what about the knuckle end ? Cause my oem drag link have a forged end at the knuckle. Am I missing a part in my kit ?

Thx

And if someone done the lift. Any input on the exhaust would be good cause I'm just thinking of cutting of and bring it to a shop after the lift.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well...I don't. So part is missing. I'll contact rk about that thx ! I guess I still can install all the rest as that drag link don't change in lenght.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is not a high steer. It's only a oversized drag link. There is no change in the geometry of the link...unless I'm missing something the install only talk about replacing the drag link. No bracket of any kind. I git the front all wrapped up today except for the drag link

·
Super Moderator
53,757 Posts

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No I already have a track bar relocation and a steering damp relocation. And what's the link between a tb bracket and a high steer ? The tb doesent do anything to the steering or drag link

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I see. I already got a tb relocation but it's different then the rk. I'll try without for now and see what I get. I had a full lift before.

For the sakes of me the frame 3rd link at the rear is a.... to weld in place. Right beside the gad tank. I welded on gas tank before but can't really fill mine with water this time. Anyway it was really @#$/ /$#@%=÷ lolll

·
Registered
452 Posts
I see. I already got a tb relocation but it's different then the rk. I'll try without for now and see what I get. I had a full lift before.

For the sakes of me the frame 3rd link at the rear is a.... to weld in place. Right beside the gad tank. I welded on gas tank before but can't really fill mine with water this time. Anyway it was really @#$/ /$#@%=÷ lolll
If that bracket is set up for a drag link flip it will work for our high steer. That is why we sell the drag link without our bracket. There were early versions of this drag link where a bend was in arm and it used factory tie rod ends (not supplied).

In short, if the bar you have currently doesn't have a bend, you're missing the new joint assembly. If the bar does have a bend, you'll need to purchase another factory TRE.

If you have any further questions give us a call: 518-270-9822

RK

·
Registered
287 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It doesent have a bend in it. Just a straight bar with tread at both ends so I'm missing the knuckle joint.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts