Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a guy that is supposed to be lifting my 2015 wrangler unlimited with a rock krawler 2.5 stock mod. He has taken about a month and a half longer than it was supposed to for a supposed difficulty in getting the lift. Seem like it should be easy as hell to me, but I've never dealt with the company so I've tried to be patient. I went by to check the progress today and there were some rough country things that he used "along with" the lift. I noticed the springs that he put on were silver. I may be over reacting but everything i've seen shows that rock krawler has black springs and rough country has silver. Can anyone tell me if they've seen silver springs from rock krawler made this year?

He also told me that he upgraded the sway bar disconnect. They just look like rough country parts instead of what should have been in the 2.5 stock mod.

Do I really have rough country springs on there too?:atomic:

·
Premium Member
1,277 Posts
my RK springs are black. I would definitely confirm all of those parts are what came with the lift. I don't know the installer, but some less than honest people could easier swap your lift kit parts out with cheaper ones and keep the RK parts. especially if a buyer didn't check them.

·
Premium Member
917 Posts
Ordered rk springs from northridge 2 weeks ago, received them in under a week and they're black.

·
Super Moderator
23,754 Posts
rock Krawler will have the part numbers stenciled on them. Just did 2 2.5" RK lifts yesterday.

Rock Krawler coils can take longer as they pretty much don't keep stock on hand but places like Northridge4x4 does. YOur shop probably orders direct so would have to wait for them. My myself and my buddy did 2 stock 2.5" kits (shocks, coils, front track bar, rear location brackets) in 10 hours and that included stopping an putting a rear track bar relocation bracket on another buddies TJ and it took us a couple hours on that because nothing lined up on the bracket so had to drill and grind.

·
Registered
298 Posts
my RK springs are black. I would definitely confirm all of those parts are what came with the lift. I don't know the installer, but some less than honest people could easier swap your lift kit parts out with cheaper ones and keep the RK parts. especially if a buyer didn't check them.
Exactly my thoughts.
My RK springs are black!

·
Registered
5,702 Posts
RK coils are definitely black unless they have been modified. RK is one of the best lifts available and RC is one of the worst. Why would anyone mix them.

Talk to the shop. Either they made an honest mistake since it took so long or it is scam.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks to all for confirming. This has been a great help!

·
Registered
128 Posts
sounds like they are trying to pull one over on u! RC springs are single rate crap compare to RK triple rate. If it was my jeep and I saw silver, I'd demand immediately my stock parts put back on, refund my $$ and drive away FAST, or maybe slow because if they are crappy enough to con you once, I wouldn't trust them to bolt my stock parts on correctly!!!

·
Premium Member
1,815 Posts
To reiterate what has already been said, RK springs are black. You can always call RK and confirm if they have ever made their coils with a silver color. Good luck.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts