Jeep Wrangler Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of January's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently looking for a simple 2.5 to 3 inch lift to put on my 2 door JK. I wheel everyonce in awhile, but I am mainly just trying to build an overland vehicle, so comfort is important to me. Can yall give me some opinions on which company has the more comfortable springs, Rock Krawler or Evo?

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
I can't really answer your question. Springs and shocks work together to create a comfortable ride. The springs alone will leave you guessing like crazy as to what shock will actually deliver a nice ride with them. If you are really concerned about ride quality look at offerings from AEV, Metalcloak, or Rancho that include shocks that they matched to the system. If you like the stock ride quality but just need clearance for bigger tires, go for spacers.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
Having had rk 2.5" coils and evo 4" plush rides, i think the plush rides work better with my falcon 3.3 shocks.

I feel like the rk gave a bit sportier handling due to the triple rate, but they had a little bit of a harsh feel on certain bumps. The plush ride coils are a single rate and IMO, feel smoother over most bumps than the rk coils did.

The main thing for me, is that after only one year, my rk coils had ALL the powdercoat peeling and were rusted to the point where nobody would even buy them. Still for sale btw!

Just the rust issue is why i dont think i would buy them again.

·
Registered
2,186 Posts
I can't really answer your question. Springs and shocks work together to create a comfortable ride. The springs alone will leave you guessing like crazy as to what shock will actually deliver a nice ride with them. If you are really concerned about ride quality look at offerings from AEV, Metalcloak, or Rancho that include shocks that they matched to the system. If you like the stock ride quality but just need clearance for bigger tires, go for spacers.
Just dont go with too big of a spacer, otherwise you will lose out on some suspension travel at full flex due to coil bind.

·
Premium Member
16,744 Posts
For an overland build, the AEV 2.5 is a standout. EVO and RK are both great companies, but they are behind AEV in your application in my opinion.

Reactions: TerryC6
1 - 5 of 5 Posts