Jeep Wrangler Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I just finished installing my rock krawler max travel 2.5 kit and went to try out the quick disconnect sway bars and I just can't get them off! It's a simple component, just pull the pin and the sway bar slides off the bolt. The sway bar is just so tight on the bolt that I can't even budge it. The sway bar assembly came with the bolt and everything already in.

I'm hoping it just loosens up over time.
I don't think I'm doing anything wrong but any input is appreciated.

·
Registered
413 Posts
If my jeep isn't sitting on level ground I have a hard time pulling them off the pins and putting back on requires very level stance or they won't align with the pins.

·
Registered
413 Posts
I can imagine that as the springs settle it will become easier. I had to get a friend to bounce the jeep to get them on one of the first times.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys. Yea I tried it on level ground, still tough. I took it wheeling today and somehow I was able to get them off. Still really hard but better than the first time. I think I just have to wait and drive it more to loosen em up.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Hit them with a little fluid film or wd-40 since they are new. And you are right, they will loosen up over time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts